Indian Creek - my "go to" ride

I discovered the Indian Creek ride last year. Fun stuff - ~26miles with 3500ft elevation gain and only a 45 minute drive from the house.

Total time varys from 4 to 5.5 hours depending on who I'm riding with. Actual ride time for me is around 3:15 - 3:30 - again depending on who I'm riding with and how i'm feeling. I've been wanting to do this ride "for time" but everytime I go with someone they either want to stop and chat a bit, don't have the fitness to keep up, or aren't feeling well. Just goes to show riding alone isn't so bad - i acutally prefer it.

Anyways - from September 10th through October 7th - I this ride 4(!) times all with different people. It was great showing folks this ride - everyone loved it. Here's the people I turned on to Indian Creek:
Jen
Jesper
Art
Sasha
Melanie
Alex
Tom

Alex gave me the best compliment. We haven't ridden together in about 2(!) years and after the descent he said "you aren't just *good for a girl*. You are downright just GOOD! You would kick several guys a$$es that I know of!" wow - high praise coming from Alex. He also took the following pictures when we were out on 10/1/06. I like this sequence of pics because my form looks good and I'm looking ahead to where i want to go instead of my front wheel! ;)


Comments

Popular Posts