riding with the crew
I've been wanting to take the girlies on the rippin' descent off the West Ridge. I rode this a couple of weeks ago and I was whooping and hollering the whole way down. It's not super techy - but it's beautiful, tight, demanding singletrack.
As it worked out it was me, tracy, jason and kim on Saturday.
After a nice little warm-up riding up Little French Gulch - the b!tchy climb that's part of the Firecracker 50 course...(i actually cleaned Little French for the first time - I didn't think that was possible for me but it's amazing what you can do without 17 race miles in your legs)
and a fast and furious descent down American Gulch...
we were pretty pooped afterward. Luckily Dave was done DHing and was able to pick us up at the 7-11 - saving us a 6 mile road slog back to the car. Thanks babe!
As it worked out it was me, tracy, jason and kim on Saturday.
After a nice little warm-up riding up Little French Gulch - the b!tchy climb that's part of the Firecracker 50 course...(i actually cleaned Little French for the first time - I didn't think that was possible for me but it's amazing what you can do without 17 race miles in your legs)
and a fast and furious descent down American Gulch...
we ended up at the Shack
with Kim in thedog house...uhh..i mean outhouse
stopping for views here and there
ending the West Ridge descent - all smiles

with Kim in the

stopping for views here and there

ending the West Ridge descent - all smiles

we were pretty pooped afterward. Luckily Dave was done DHing and was able to pick us up at the 7-11 - saving us a 6 mile road slog back to the car. Thanks babe!

Comments