room with a view...
or maybe I should title this post: "it's been a while..."
my blogging has taken a dive...part of it is Facebook (it's so much easier to do a quickie status and post pix on there) and the other part is I've gotten out of the habit.
When my work load kicked up last year and I basically only had time to work, barely ride my bike and maintain my important personal relationships....blogging fell by the wayside fairly quickly.
I'm on vacation this week. My wonderful sister (and best friend) moved to tucson, az. They bought this awesome house (that needed a lot of work - all documented here) and are now enjoying the fruits of their labor.
The location is amazing...it backs up to Tucson Mtn Park and there is some GREAT mtn biking and road biking basically at their front door step. There is literally an amazing view from every window in there house.
My vacation days are slipping pass quickly. I'm enjoying the time with my sister - there's a lot of talking, laughing and eating going on. I'm glad she is back in the states and there's easy access(~$150 airfare between boulder and tucson) so hopefully it won't be 1.5 years between visits next time.
oh yeah - I had an awesome mtn bike ride today...it's been raining quite a bit since i've been here and today I rode the Yetman trail - it was nice and tacky. The trail head is a nice quick warm up ride of 1.5 miles from Trisha's front door. :)
A easy to moderate trail(just enough rocky stuff to keep you on your toes) and PLENTY of cactus to dodge (oh my - I can admit to be mighty timid in some sections due to ALL the cactus).
It was JUST what I need to get back into the mtn bike swing of things. I think it's been 4(!) months (maybe early november) since I've been mtn biking. Hopefully i'll be able to ride at home but you never know what the weather has in store...and maybe a visit in April might be in the works....don't want the safire to get lonely. ;)
my blogging has taken a dive...part of it is Facebook (it's so much easier to do a quickie status and post pix on there) and the other part is I've gotten out of the habit.
When my work load kicked up last year and I basically only had time to work, barely ride my bike and maintain my important personal relationships....blogging fell by the wayside fairly quickly.
I'm on vacation this week. My wonderful sister (and best friend) moved to tucson, az. They bought this awesome house (that needed a lot of work - all documented here) and are now enjoying the fruits of their labor.
The location is amazing...it backs up to Tucson Mtn Park and there is some GREAT mtn biking and road biking basically at their front door step. There is literally an amazing view from every window in there house.
My vacation days are slipping pass quickly. I'm enjoying the time with my sister - there's a lot of talking, laughing and eating going on. I'm glad she is back in the states and there's easy access(~$150 airfare between boulder and tucson) so hopefully it won't be 1.5 years between visits next time.
oh yeah - I had an awesome mtn bike ride today...it's been raining quite a bit since i've been here and today I rode the Yetman trail - it was nice and tacky. The trail head is a nice quick warm up ride of 1.5 miles from Trisha's front door. :)
A easy to moderate trail(just enough rocky stuff to keep you on your toes) and PLENTY of cactus to dodge (oh my - I can admit to be mighty timid in some sections due to ALL the cactus).
It was JUST what I need to get back into the mtn bike swing of things. I think it's been 4(!) months (maybe early november) since I've been mtn biking. Hopefully i'll be able to ride at home but you never know what the weather has in store...and maybe a visit in April might be in the works....don't want the safire to get lonely. ;)


Comments