Breck Epic: Mission Accomplished

Short Verison: ( for the long version follow up on the blog next week - I will be posting a stage by stage report)

I am turning 50 years old in 2011 and decided competing and completing the Breck Epic would be my big goal of the year.   Worked with a great coach, Lynda Wallenfels.  Got strong and well balanced at the ATC during the off-season.(thanks to Connie Sciolino)  Worked my ass off for 9 months(thanks to my awesome boyfriend, Dave for being so patient) relying on Lynda's plan and advice.  Learned a ton of stuff about nutrition and endurance pacing.   Had a shaky race season leading up to the Breck Epic.

Ricky's wedding (the BEST day of my life) put *everything* in my life in perspective.

Coming off the high of Ricky's wedding - I went into the Breck Epic relaxed and happy.  Knowing I had put in the work - I was ready to tackle it.  My wonderful sister, Trisha, came to support me for the week.  I rode my little 'effin heart out every day - I suffered, bonked, rode well, rode poorly, made new friends, texted my coach @ 5am (she responded)  and rode a ton of single track and  racked up a ton of elevation gain.   Out of 2 women in the 50+ category - I ended up on the top step of the podium every day.(more pix here)   Mission Accomplished. 

Podium pic after Stage 6

Comments

JenyJo said…
FU** YES, WOMAN!!!

YOU are an inspiration to alllll the mtbcrack racers ;-) Sinseriously.

I love you, CYN..... You're a brilliant rider, and freakin' excellent racer, and deeply wonderful person. You stinkin' ROCKED it!!!!!!!!!

WOOOHOOO!!!

JJ
ssportsman said…
Great job Cyn!

the race was an incredible end to a phenomenal year of training and experience. JJ's right, you absolutely rocked and it is due to who you are, not which podium step that you leaped onto (although the top step is pretty freaking great!)
Big congrats Cyn. You rode a darm fine race and nailed your goal. Awesome.

Popular Posts