Crazy for mtn biking & moose sighting

I shake my head in wonder...I went on a 3 hour/3k elevation gain ride in Breck today and it was my 8th(!) time on my mtn bike this year.  I am totally thrashed from this ride.  Last year it would have been a ho-hum warm up - but after going back through my log and looking - #8 ride would explain my lack of biking fitness.  Or maybe it was that spirited 12 mile run I did yesterday or maybe being old had something to do with it...whatever - I was cooked and shaky after the ride today.

But OMG!   I had so much fun. I was literally laughing out loud on a couple of the descents (almost crashed ~3 times as my brain remembers a MUCH better descending skill set than I'm capable of riding at the moment)  I did a couple of lung busting climbs up to ~12k where the air is thin.   What is it about suffering that's so much fun??   PLUS the scenery and wildlife (saw a couple of moose) and the Fall colors are off the hook!

check it out.  :)

2 moose - placidly checking me out

"
they are thinking "what are YOU looking at??"
beautiful, glorious singletrack!
view on the way to the gut busting climb of Little French Gulch

amazing!

my lame photo skills don't do the colors justice

then I ended up in "Fairy Tale Land"
what a great day!


Comments

Kate said…
So cool! Man, you guys have it good in the scenery department!
Terzah Becker said…
Looks FANTASTIC! I love the laugh-out-loud descents. I didn't see that many aspen had turned yet at RMNP while we were camping this weekend.
Kathy R said…
I've lived in CO for almost 30 years and I've never seen a moose here! Love the pics - awful purdy up there this time of year! Was the second moose mooning you?
2 Slow 4 Boston said…
Can't say I've ever seen moose while mountain biking.  Of course, I can't really say I've ever been mountain biking at all.  Awesome scenery to this boy on the prairie.
Heather Balogh said…
The moose is awesome! I still can't believe that the leaves are changing so quickly this year-- hoping to get up near Vail this weekend to check them out for myself :)
brgInRedSidis said…
 yes - he was totally mooning me!   When i got my camera out - he turned around to face the other direction.
brgInRedSidis said…
I'm originally from Dallas and after 11 years in Colorado - the scenery still feels brand new to me.  :)    btw - mtn biking is FUN!
brgInRedSidis said…
 yep girl - better get yourself up to the high country!

Popular Posts