Breaking it down....

Craig Howie's video breaking down the components of Fast Running. (this is seriously fascinating!)

 

My first marathon attempt will be on 4/28/2013 in Eugene, OR.   My ambitious goal for this marathon is to Boston Qualify.  For my age group(Womens 50-54) that means a sub-4 marathon.  Personally, I think that time is kind of lenient, esp considering the men in this same age group have to run a sub 3:30. Tho I might not agree with the "leniency" of the requirement - I am grateful for it.  AND after I actually run a marathon - I might not think it is so lenient.  ;) 

It's no secret I'm a geek.  My engineering mindset always wants to know the "how and why" of how things work.  I will be working with Craig Howie and let me tell you he is very much a data geek.  (other reasons of why I will be working with him will be the subject of another post)

After meeting with him and talking over my 'big picture' plan and then upcoming weeks - he sent me this video he made breaking down the components of fast running.  After seeing how he worked with Dave for his ultra, talking to him about my goals and watching this video- I KNOW I made the right coaching decision.

Before I've even started my plan - he looked at my gait analysis blogpost and gave me some key things to work on.

Here is the overall plan - no crazy big miles weeks, but every workout has a purpose and they build on each other.  I know I'll be going into excruciating details during the next four months...stay tuned!



Comments

Terzah Becker said…
This is so exciting! I know you can do it--just be nice to yourself and get lots of sleep as you go through the training. I just hope I can get there with you so we can do our first Boston together. Yay Craig, and yay Cynthia!
Kathyleereed said…
SO great!! Can't wait to get started again!! I'm right there with you for that sub four!!!
pensive pumpkin said…
Ooooh!  Big goals, girl, but you can do it!  Eugene, huh?  I've got nothing in April as of yet... hmmmmmm...
brgInRedSidis said…
 there is the option for a half in Eugene.  Think about it!!! :D

Popular Posts