I'm a sucker...
So I’m at Glacier Ice Cream on Sunday night picking up some ice cream for Dave. I’ve been giving Dave a lot of heck lately for not riding his bike and getting out of shape and he said it was making him feel bad. Dave is really good to me and I’m *trying* to be nice to him. So after a long day riding Kenosha I told him I’d bring him some ice cream. (that’s a good way to keep him in shape, eh??)
Anyways – I’m walking out of Glacier and I notice an older guy (about my age ~45) walking in. He’s wearing those Keen flip-flops and for some reason I like those shoes quite a bit. I glance at the shoes and then the guy, he’s wearing an armorAll t-shirt looking like the typical boulder guy. He’s on the “back-side of good looking” and I’m sure most women(esp. *my* girlfriends) would find him attractive – but he’s the kind of guy I would totally dismiss (not nerdy enough).
I’m getting in the car (I had borrowed Dave’s Civic) and I hear someone holler at “hey!” I turn around and it’s Keen flip-flop guy.
Here’s our conversation:
Flip-flop guy: “oh – I thought I knew you”
Me (shrug): “no problem”
Flip-flop guy: “well – this is embarrassing”
Me (cringe – thinking ‘here’s the spiel to ask for a handout. Crap! he must’ve caught me looking @ his shoes’): “what??”
Flip-flop guy: “I’m having a car issue and I need $3 to catch a cab”
Me (thinking ‘yeah – whatever – you can take a cab for $3?!?!)
Flip-flop guy continues: “I do carpentry work 2 blocks from here and I promise I can pay you back”
Me (I look at him blankly)
Flip-flop guy: “seriously – if you live or work around here I can pay you back”
Me (I had $2 in change from Dave’s ice cream): “here I think I have $2 you can have”
Flip-flop guy: “really?? – I’ll pay you back – where do you live? I’ll drop off the money tomorrow”
Me(thinking – ‘yeah – like I’m gonna tell you where I live??’ – I hand him $2): “don’t worry about it”
Flip-flop guy: “seriously – if you tell me where you work or live – I’ll pay you back”
Me: “don’t worry about it – good luck.”
I get in the car and drive away. I’m slightly annoyed with myself for giving him any money at all – as I drive away I see him in Glacier Ice Cream buying an ice cream with my $2. ‘A car issue my ass. Cynthia you just got suckered!’ I think to myself as I drive away. BUT I’m relived I’m in Dave’s car in case this guy is some kind of psycho and got the license plate number. If he looks it up he’ll see it belongs to Dave in Erie, CO. Too many horror stories from being a VA for the Boulder Police Dept. has made me cynical and paranoid!
Anyways – I’m walking out of Glacier and I notice an older guy (about my age ~45) walking in. He’s wearing those Keen flip-flops and for some reason I like those shoes quite a bit. I glance at the shoes and then the guy, he’s wearing an armorAll t-shirt looking like the typical boulder guy. He’s on the “back-side of good looking” and I’m sure most women(esp. *my* girlfriends) would find him attractive – but he’s the kind of guy I would totally dismiss (not nerdy enough).
I’m getting in the car (I had borrowed Dave’s Civic) and I hear someone holler at “hey!” I turn around and it’s Keen flip-flop guy.
Here’s our conversation:
Flip-flop guy: “oh – I thought I knew you”
Me (shrug): “no problem”
Flip-flop guy: “well – this is embarrassing”
Me (cringe – thinking ‘here’s the spiel to ask for a handout. Crap! he must’ve caught me looking @ his shoes’): “what??”
Flip-flop guy: “I’m having a car issue and I need $3 to catch a cab”
Me (thinking ‘yeah – whatever – you can take a cab for $3?!?!)
Flip-flop guy continues: “I do carpentry work 2 blocks from here and I promise I can pay you back”
Me (I look at him blankly)
Flip-flop guy: “seriously – if you live or work around here I can pay you back”
Me (I had $2 in change from Dave’s ice cream): “here I think I have $2 you can have”
Flip-flop guy: “really?? – I’ll pay you back – where do you live? I’ll drop off the money tomorrow”
Me(thinking – ‘yeah – like I’m gonna tell you where I live??’ – I hand him $2): “don’t worry about it”
Flip-flop guy: “seriously – if you tell me where you work or live – I’ll pay you back”
Me: “don’t worry about it – good luck.”
I get in the car and drive away. I’m slightly annoyed with myself for giving him any money at all – as I drive away I see him in Glacier Ice Cream buying an ice cream with my $2. ‘A car issue my ass. Cynthia you just got suckered!’ I think to myself as I drive away. BUT I’m relived I’m in Dave’s car in case this guy is some kind of psycho and got the license plate number. If he looks it up he’ll see it belongs to Dave in Erie, CO. Too many horror stories from being a VA for the Boulder Police Dept. has made me cynical and paranoid!
Comments