cars...cars...cars

once upon a time I bought new, stylish cars. I liked low-slung sporty cars. yeah - they were pricey but I figured car payments were just a way of life.

i had one of these in the early 90s


However, is been several years since I've bought a car that I made payments on. I even drove Ricky's college car (a '94 honda civic) for a couple of years - he moved to NYC and didn't need a car so he gave it back to me. That thing ran like a champ - plus it got 35mpg city and 40(!) mpg hwy.

I do have the toyota pickup that runs like a champ but it get's poor gas mileage (18mpg in the city and 20 on the hwy). I like having a smaller car to negotiate the Boulder parking lots (you boulderites know what I mean) and one that gets good gas mileage.

However, with the economy the way it is I'm thinking I'll drive the truck through at least March before I buy another car.

But I found a vehicle I really like. The Scion xB.
they are styled in a way I can fit 3 bikes and 3 people inside the vehicle. woot!

The older models (2006) get 30mpg city/34hwy - no way I'll ever buy a brand new car again. Practical, fairly inexpensive, easy to drive in Boulder parking lots, it climbed Flagstaff just fine and it is funky.

I'll be socking away some cash and saving the ins $ from the hyundai so by the time I'm ready for biking season next year hopefully i can buy it without having to finance anything. but who knows...i might ruin my reputation if i pay more than 10k for a car! ;)

I like these colors:

copper


black cherry

I'll probably never get rid of the truck as it comes in pretty handy - plus it's paid for and the insurance is stupid cheap for it.

Comments

Popular Posts