conversations from the bathroom stall...
I'm taking a bio break last night between matches...
i hear a girl (she sounds a little tipsy) say: 'is that you pool player girl? in the first stall?'
me: 'uh...yeah'
the girl: 'i'm so glad you are here'
me: 'uh...thanks'
tsg: 'it's nice to see girls that can play'
me: 'thanks'
the girl: 'i mean...Lanny(she is referring to my team captain) should pay you'
me: 'oh that's not necessary'
the girl: 'most of the girls that play are happy to be at lower levels'
me: 'oh really"
the girl: 'but I can tell you are into it, focused, competitive, and want to get better'
me: 'true'
the girl: 'you are a shooter'
me: 'thanks - i do love playing'
the girl: 'i'm just so glad to see another girl that loves playing and will stick with it'
me thinking (well...only during biking off-season - i surely won't be playing during riding weather!)
me: 'we'll see'
At this point I'm finished - I walk out of the stall and see it's a girl from the other team.
we chat a bit more and then I go back out to play...i guess to understand the full effect of that conversation it falls under the 'you had to be there...' category.
i hear a girl (she sounds a little tipsy) say: 'is that you pool player girl? in the first stall?'
me: 'uh...yeah'
the girl: 'i'm so glad you are here'
me: 'uh...thanks'
tsg: 'it's nice to see girls that can play'
me: 'thanks'
the girl: 'i mean...Lanny(she is referring to my team captain) should pay you'
me: 'oh that's not necessary'
the girl: 'most of the girls that play are happy to be at lower levels'
me: 'oh really"
the girl: 'but I can tell you are into it, focused, competitive, and want to get better'
me: 'true'
the girl: 'you are a shooter'
me: 'thanks - i do love playing'
the girl: 'i'm just so glad to see another girl that loves playing and will stick with it'
me thinking (well...only during biking off-season - i surely won't be playing during riding weather!)
me: 'we'll see'
At this point I'm finished - I walk out of the stall and see it's a girl from the other team.
we chat a bit more and then I go back out to play...i guess to understand the full effect of that conversation it falls under the 'you had to be there...' category.
Comments