pilgrimage
For the past 4 riding seasons I've made what has become a pilgrimage for me - a trek to New Mexico.
I've been mtn biking for 7 years - and in all the trails I've ridden and seen - the South Boundary Trail has become my all time favorite trail. Every time I ride it - somewhere along the way I am in slack-jaw amazement of this trail

This year was no different. It was a much smaller crew this year as I missed the "official GITA" (gasping in the aspens) the week before due to attending the GABF with Dave. Also, Sasha bailed and then Tom bailed (Tom sadly had to put his cat to sleep that Friday). and most sadly - Glen is no longer in New Mexico.
Ben caught me (and my sheepish grin) getting ready to ride while braiding my hair and wearing my boots. (hey - they were too big to put in my suitcase - it was easier to wear them)
Start of the trail - never disappoints!
amazing apsens (and pine groves and rock gardens)
a few boo-boos along the way
actually I didn't like any of Eske's beers - so when I got to Boulder - I made a b-line for the Southern Sun and had a GOOD beer. :)

mark's pix here.
ben's pix here.
I've been mtn biking for 7 years - and in all the trails I've ridden and seen - the South Boundary Trail has become my all time favorite trail. Every time I ride it - somewhere along the way I am in slack-jaw amazement of this trail

This year was no different. It was a much smaller crew this year as I missed the "official GITA" (gasping in the aspens) the week before due to attending the GABF with Dave. Also, Sasha bailed and then Tom bailed (Tom sadly had to put his cat to sleep that Friday). and most sadly - Glen is no longer in New Mexico.
Ben caught me (and my sheepish grin) getting ready to ride while braiding my hair and wearing my boots. (hey - they were too big to put in my suitcase - it was easier to wear them)
Start of the trail - never disappoints!
amazing apsens (and pine groves and rock gardens)

a few boo-boos along the way

actually I didn't like any of Eske's beers - so when I got to Boulder - I made a b-line for the Southern Sun and had a GOOD beer. :)

mark's pix here.
ben's pix here.


Comments