Striped Socks girlies ride again!

In November, 2008 - the weather was still beautiful and a few of us got out for a SS (striped socks ride). Carrie has been bugging me about a repeat - so with a flurry of emails - a ride date was set.

This time - 8 girlies showed up.

I took them on my favorite section of the CT. It starts off with a 2.5 mile, ~1300elevation gain climb and that 2.5 miles contains 23 switchbacks. woot!
The plan was for a casual ride - no chest beating, no racing to the top - just everyone having a good time riding their bikes.


I took the SS running my 32x19 - that was dumb. Good thing it was a super casual ride - with all the hours i've been putting in at work since early August - my fitness has been on a fast decline and I am in no way, shape or form in SingleSpeed shape. Three of us were on SSs and boy - I think us SSers were missing our gears...but it felt good(once it was over) to clear out the lungs with a 35 minute climb.

There was much stopping and chatting and we rode a measy 11(!) miles. But it was still around ~1900ft elevation gain.

hamming it up!
jeny jo looking as cute as ever


I always see these guys after my CT ride.

Afterward we hit up 3 Margarita for post ride drinks/food. My girlies rock - i'm pretty lucky to have such great friends. :)

not a bad-looking crew, eh?

jeny's side of the story here.

carrie's here.

Comments

Popular Posts