12 hours of mesa verde

In 2007 I was a racing fool. Racing mostly on the singlespeed. The past few years tho - I backed off from racing and just rode for fun.

But racing can be fun, eh? So on the spur of the moment I signed up with Dessert Rats(Sarah Rarick, David and Eric) to do 12 hours of mesa verde. The theme the race was Pirate theme.

Sarah and I semi-coordinated outfits.


Sarah - looking spiffy


me - post lap


me - since I didn't have jersey pockets -
I had to store my gels in my umm...cleavage


Megan was racing duo with Katri....they killed it coming in 3rd in a heavily stacked field. I got a sequence of shots of Megan cleaning a techy bit on her 4th lap. I was at the section for ~30 minutes and I saw many a girl botch the this section - Megan cruised through easily.

megan - cleaning tech and taking names

my semi-race report
Our team came in 11th out of 27 teams.

as for me - I only got 1 official lap in.

Considering my lack of fitness and after checking out the lap times from last year - I was hoping for a 1:45 lap time. I came in at 1:46 - so I was happy about that. There wasn't time for me to go out on a 2nd official lap - so I did one on my own - hanging out at the tech section to catch pix of Sarah and Megan. Ride time for second lap was 1:48.

Eric pulled in a smoking fast 1st lap of 1:36. David was next and was knocked off his bike by a couple of bozos 2 times but still pulled in a 1:43 lap. Sarah killed it on her SS with a 1:41 and of course I came in at 1:46.

I had a blast and look forward to a fun race season - hopefully I'll get faster. :)

Comments

Popular Posts