trading up...
Most of my road trips in the past have been with various guy friends. In 2009 - I was able to ride with a bunch of awesome and talented girls and we did road trips, but over the years the majority of my mtn bike road trips have been me and the guys. It looks kinda like this, this, this and this. However; all my recent trips have been with my running girlfriends and it looks to be the upcoming trend...trading up!
Which bring me to my most recent trip to Eugene, OR. My last road trip in March was with the girls and the trip this past weekend was with the girls too. I've been having a blast hanging out with my girlies.
I didn't race (not even the half) because I didn't want to risk make my 'stress reaction' any worse, but man - what a fun time I had. There was a lot of laughing, talking, sleeping and eating. And for my other companions - they had some racing to do.
It went like this:
beautiful morning - this was the view from our hotel room in Portland
brunch in trendy, hipster part of town at Tastys 'n Sons

hipsters playing with their food

quick drive to Eugene and a stop at the expo

Terzah in her throw away clothes

All of us at the start - I did start with the racers, but intentionally went slow and pulled out way before the finish...couldn't pass up running just a few miles at sea level!

Kathy and Hannah - post race - Hayward Field - oh yeah!

Terzah finishing strong - we are so proud of her!
Dim sum at Wong's King - I noticed all the neighboring tables were not speaking English - must be authentic, eh?
Love the name of this place

And a stop at Voodoo Donuts to bring a few home to friends and family.

Such a fantastic time - it was hard to be upset about being injured when surrounded by great friends. Kathy's version of the story here. I am very grateful for my life.
Which bring me to my most recent trip to Eugene, OR. My last road trip in March was with the girls and the trip this past weekend was with the girls too. I've been having a blast hanging out with my girlies.
I didn't race (not even the half) because I didn't want to risk make my 'stress reaction' any worse, but man - what a fun time I had. There was a lot of laughing, talking, sleeping and eating. And for my other companions - they had some racing to do.
It went like this:
beautiful morning - this was the view from our hotel room in Portland
brunch in trendy, hipster part of town at Tastys 'n Sons
hipsters playing with their food
quick drive to Eugene and a stop at the expo
Terzah in her throw away clothes
All of us at the start - I did start with the racers, but intentionally went slow and pulled out way before the finish...couldn't pass up running just a few miles at sea level!

Kathy and Hannah - post race - Hayward Field - oh yeah!
Terzah finishing strong - we are so proud of her!
Dim sum at Wong's King - I noticed all the neighboring tables were not speaking English - must be authentic, eh?
Love the name of this place
And a stop at Voodoo Donuts to bring a few home to friends and family.
Such a fantastic time - it was hard to be upset about being injured when surrounded by great friends. Kathy's version of the story here. I am very grateful for my life.

Comments
cheers!
Road trips with the girls are a blast...it really calms your nerves to have those around you who you can laugh (and cry sometimes) with. So glad you got the opportunity to go, even in that stupid stress reaction dogged your race. Hope you recover QUICKLY so we can do a little adventure together this year...no more hopping on the train without me next time!!
xo
"AHHH! Thank you for taking the time to find me! I TOTALLY HEARD YOU! I just didn’t have the coordination to try and see who it was at that point during the race. I can’t tell you how much that meant to hear my name! Thank you so much for the kind words and thank you for being out there to cheer!"
Thanks again! Hope the stress reaction heals soon. My husband had the same injury after a DNF at mile 70 of the Leadville100