"you can't always get what you want..."

...But if you try sometimes well you might find You get what you need..."   
Rolling Stones

I have been incredibly lucky the past few years and have been living 'The High Life' in Breck during the summers.  I am very grateful for the opportunity I have had living in Breck.  I surely loved that place...sadly it is not available to me this year as the owner is doing some renovations at this time.

I've been on the hunt for a suitable place in Summit County.  I had a couple of options, one was to rent a bedroom/bath an amazing house (seriously it looks like lodge) with a kitchen bigger than my whole house, but with others living there full time.  I would equate this place to a "reality show house".    The price was very good, but I'm planning on working on some software certification training - so I'm thinking having a lot of people around might be distracting.  NOW - if I was young, cute and single - then I would rent in the big house in a second.  Alas...I'm old and boring...

 Then I found an acquaintance (I met through a friend-of-a-friend several years ago) has a really nice place in Summit County.  After some emails back-and-forth, he has agreed to rent to me.  With my schedule, I will pretty much have the place to myself most of the time and he says if he is around - we might cross paths one or two days a month.

I feel super lucky to have this opportunity.  I picked up the keys, signed the lease and paid the deposit today.  Super stoked!!!   I hope to have some of my pals up for training runs and such!  Back in 'the high life' again!

keys and lease to my place in Summit County - yeeHAW.  Summer - here i come!

Comments

Kathy said…
Great news ... now I know where to crash when I'm in the mountains.
The reality house just sounded crazy, couldn't imagine.
Terzah said…
I sing that Rolling Stones song to Ruth and Will all the time, but usually in a different context. :^)

I'm very glad you'll get your Breck time.
Kate Geisen said…
Too cool when things work out like that. However, YOU are NOT old and boring!! :)
brg said…
kathy, terzah, kate and jill - get your asses to summit county - we got some hanging out to do!!!
Jill said…
Um...I need TONS of altitude training - I AM THERE!! (love how I invite myself? :)). Great score on the digs!
K @ TS said…
Can I invite myself too!? That sounds like a lot of fun!

Popular Posts