Keystone Climax - SuperD
This race would be a tune up for the Fall Classic.
I've been working on my running in prep for the LeMans start and descending (my weakness) for the SuperD.
At the start line i was surprised to see 22 girls. A mix of Expert and Sport women. wow! A huge field. My friend, Melanie was racing. She's great descender. My goal was to finish the 6 mile descent within 4 minutes behind her.
I did OK on the LeMans start - I didn't get dropped like I did last time and started mid-packish. I had practiced this course and felt like I was riding well. I was gaining on Catherine Chaleki ( an expert rider) and I friggin' crashed. damn! I was a little to far forward and caught a root. 1 girl passed me, I hopped back on the bike and my chain had fallen off. I stopped again and fixed it and another girl passed me.
I lost some of my mojo and held my place. I finished 16 out of 22. I big time bummer - i think it was entirely in my capacity to finish 11th or so. I would have been stoked about that.
When I was done - I was wasted. I had totally pinned it to for ~30minutes and was worked over.
I was happy to hear my friend, Melanie, had a great race and won it. She's had a tough season as an Expert - usually finishing last and like 30 minutes or so behind the winners. So it was nice to see her get a podium. :)
I've been working on my running in prep for the LeMans start and descending (my weakness) for the SuperD.
At the start line i was surprised to see 22 girls. A mix of Expert and Sport women. wow! A huge field. My friend, Melanie was racing. She's great descender. My goal was to finish the 6 mile descent within 4 minutes behind her.
I did OK on the LeMans start - I didn't get dropped like I did last time and started mid-packish. I had practiced this course and felt like I was riding well. I was gaining on Catherine Chaleki ( an expert rider) and I friggin' crashed. damn! I was a little to far forward and caught a root. 1 girl passed me, I hopped back on the bike and my chain had fallen off. I stopped again and fixed it and another girl passed me.
I lost some of my mojo and held my place. I finished 16 out of 22. I big time bummer - i think it was entirely in my capacity to finish 11th or so. I would have been stoked about that.
When I was done - I was wasted. I had totally pinned it to for ~30minutes and was worked over.
I was happy to hear my friend, Melanie, had a great race and won it. She's had a tough season as an Expert - usually finishing last and like 30 minutes or so behind the winners. So it was nice to see her get a podium. :)
Comments