No Moab race this year :(
Looks like my Moab race won't be happening this year.
I've done this race for the past 4 years - the last 3 as an all girl team. As a girl team we've been coming in mid-pack and this year I only wanted to do the race if we could make a podium run.
That means having at least 3 really strong riders and 1 meduim strong rider. So I was trying to recruit Ann(super badass and FAST), Dana (fast as hell), me (I'm a really strong rider on the Moab course) and Sasha(fast on the flats). I felt with the 4 of us we would totally have a really good chance to place in the top 3.
Both Caroline and Sasha said they wanted to do the race - but I didn't want both of them on the team. They had the weakest lap times from last year and I could only afford 1 of them to be on the team if i wanted to poduim. PLUS - last year I asked them to pitch in for Vickie's gas (Vickie did support for all of us) which was $150 and nobody ever helped out(even tho they said they would). So that meant the "entry fee" for me was a whopping $300! In addition, Dave and I got there a day early, setup camp, organized everything, brought food that everyone ate. All they had to do was show up and ride and they couldn't even pitch in for Vickie's gas. And she did a LOT for everyone. I'm still a bit annoyed about this. So no way would both of them be on the team.
Anyways the deal breaker was Ann said she couldn't be on the team. She would have totally been the anchor - so without Ann - my heart wasn't in it.
I've relunctanly decided to forego the race this year.
Ok - Fall Classic - here I come!!!! :)
I've done this race for the past 4 years - the last 3 as an all girl team. As a girl team we've been coming in mid-pack and this year I only wanted to do the race if we could make a podium run.
That means having at least 3 really strong riders and 1 meduim strong rider. So I was trying to recruit Ann(super badass and FAST), Dana (fast as hell), me (I'm a really strong rider on the Moab course) and Sasha(fast on the flats). I felt with the 4 of us we would totally have a really good chance to place in the top 3.
Both Caroline and Sasha said they wanted to do the race - but I didn't want both of them on the team. They had the weakest lap times from last year and I could only afford 1 of them to be on the team if i wanted to poduim. PLUS - last year I asked them to pitch in for Vickie's gas (Vickie did support for all of us) which was $150 and nobody ever helped out(even tho they said they would). So that meant the "entry fee" for me was a whopping $300! In addition, Dave and I got there a day early, setup camp, organized everything, brought food that everyone ate. All they had to do was show up and ride and they couldn't even pitch in for Vickie's gas. And she did a LOT for everyone. I'm still a bit annoyed about this. So no way would both of them be on the team.
Anyways the deal breaker was Ann said she couldn't be on the team. She would have totally been the anchor - so without Ann - my heart wasn't in it.
I've relunctanly decided to forego the race this year.
Ok - Fall Classic - here I come!!!! :)
Comments