Amasa Back
I've heard alot about this trail - but have only been on it once and only for part of it. Dave raves about it.
At the beginning of the ride there is a section called "the waterfall" - basically a ledgey, steppy descent.
Last year I did ride part of it but it was after being up all night and I was on the rigid - so I didn't do so good. I wussed out on the waterfall. At the time I thought it was in my ability to ride but I just didn't have the courage.
This time I was determined to ride it. So I looked at it, lower my seat and went for it. It was scary but it wasn't that bad - just stay off the front brake and stay back behind the seat.
I must say I was pretty happy with myself that I rode it. But at you can tell from the expression on my face - i was grimacing the whole way down. Maybe next time I can smile on my way down.
:D
We found out when we got to Amasa Back that there was a unicycle convention in town and this was the trail they were riding. There must have been 200 unicyclists. Mostly walking most of the trial - but some of them were riding and riding strong. There was one crazy guy that got on top of a spire and bounced up and down on this unicycle. Pretty impressive.
It was a great ride. Some stout climbing, lots of ledges, step ups and fun descending. I can't wait to do this one again.(photo credits Mark Forgy and Pat Hamilton)

At the beginning of the ride there is a section called "the waterfall" - basically a ledgey, steppy descent.

Last year I did ride part of it but it was after being up all night and I was on the rigid - so I didn't do so good. I wussed out on the waterfall. At the time I thought it was in my ability to ride but I just didn't have the courage.
This time I was determined to ride it. So I looked at it, lower my seat and went for it. It was scary but it wasn't that bad - just stay off the front brake and stay back behind the seat.
I must say I was pretty happy with myself that I rode it. But at you can tell from the expression on my face - i was grimacing the whole way down. Maybe next time I can smile on my way down.

:DWe found out when we got to Amasa Back that there was a unicycle convention in town and this was the trail they were riding. There must have been 200 unicyclists. Mostly walking most of the trial - but some of them were riding and riding strong. There was one crazy guy that got on top of a spire and bounced up and down on this unicycle. Pretty impressive.

It was a great ride. Some stout climbing, lots of ledges, step ups and fun descending. I can't wait to do this one again.(photo credits Mark Forgy and Pat Hamilton)


Comments