can't spell "geek" without a double E ;)
As all of you guys know, Dave , in addition to being an Electrical Engineer (BSEE) is Mr. Fix-it. I swear that guy can fix practically anything. I just wonder what people do that don't have a "Dave".
Recently added to the "fixed" list is my Blackberry. The track ball was scrolling and selecting "on it's own". Sorry to all the folks I accidentally called or texted!
Buying a new one would be ~$350. Dave did some research and figured out I would have to replace the trackball. The cost of the part - a whopping $6(!). But I know nothing about electronics and the page I found on the internet to fix the darn thing looked way too complicated for me. Of course, Dave looked at the instructions and was like "hmm...looks pretty simple"
Yeah - he owns a micro-scope, oscilloscope, wave(something or other) generator, ohm meter, various other tools that I have no idea what they do. Needless to say - Dave is his typical methodical and precise manner fixed my blackberry. yay!

Here's the list of things he's fixed:
Auto list:
Household:
Recently added to the "fixed" list is my Blackberry. The track ball was scrolling and selecting "on it's own". Sorry to all the folks I accidentally called or texted!
Buying a new one would be ~$350. Dave did some research and figured out I would have to replace the trackball. The cost of the part - a whopping $6(!). But I know nothing about electronics and the page I found on the internet to fix the darn thing looked way too complicated for me. Of course, Dave looked at the instructions and was like "hmm...looks pretty simple"
Yeah - he owns a micro-scope, oscilloscope, wave(something or other) generator, ohm meter, various other tools that I have no idea what they do. Needless to say - Dave is his typical methodical and precise manner fixed my blackberry. yay!
Dave in his "home lab" fixing my blackberry.

Here's the list of things he's fixed:
Auto list:
- brakes - including replacing the rotors
- alternator
- power window motor
- radiator
- distributor cap issue
Household:
- this was a big one - my boiler - Precision Heating sent a guy out 4 times and he couldn't figure it out and then wanted to charge me $1400 for "possibly" fixing the problem. Dave took matters in his own hands - looked up the schematic online and called the manufacturer. Results - the fix was a $60!(!) part. yay Dave!
- Here's another big one - he helped me remodel my downstairs kitchen
- garbage disposal
- add insulation to the downstairs basement
- put in a light for my pool table and helped me make room for it in my house
- has unclogged my toilet numerous times
Comments