yowza! that was nerve wracking!

Registration for the Brooklyn Half (race date May 19th) opened today and I am officially registered!



NYRR opened registration ~7.5 weeks before the event.  There was much public anxiety due to the fact it sold out quickly last year and the delayed registration.  They did increase capacity by quite a bit but after the Marine Corps marathon selling out in 2:41 - I  wasn't willing to take a chance.  I was hitting the refresh button for the registration link to be available at 10am and even had a friend on stand-by (with all my info) to try from another computer.

After several timeouts - my registration finally went through!

I purchased my airfare way back on Feb 27th.   I definitely wanted to race this half, but if I didn't get in - it would be a disappointment as I'm itching to race at sea level - but it wouldn't be that bad.  THE only reason I'm doing a sea level race in NY is because Ricky lives there.  I haven't seen him in person since the wedding

The only "bad" thing is I'm listed as 92 years old instead of 50 years old....I'll have to email NYRR to get that fixed.

oh yeah - another bad thing might be the humidity - looks like last year is was 95% - how do you train for that??

UPDATE: 4 hours after registration opened (capacity 15,000) NYRR is saying they are nearly capacity...glad I didn't dawdle.

Comments

Terzah Becker said…
Congrats on doing that race! It looks fantastic! I lived in Park Slope in Brooklyn for 3 years and used to run in Prospect Park all the time. It has hills just like Central Park. As for the humidity, I've heard altitude and humidity swap out nicely for each other (I hate humidity much more myself).

That's funny about your age....I think you'd definitely win the AG if you left that alone. :^)
brgInRedSidis said…
that made me laugh - maybe I won't correct my age! (j/k)    Ricky tells me the only hill in all of Brooklyn is in Prospect Park - I'll have to get the scoop from you on how big it really is...

Popular Posts