24 hour of Sunlight - snowboard monkey girls

Dana and Angela are the "snowboard monkey girls". The 1st weekend in Feb - they did the 24hours of Sunlight

Hard core stuff - here's the
elevation profile - ~1900 elevation gain in 1(!) mile - ouchy!!

Dana was 1 year out from her kidney donation (read story
click here)

The girls snowshoed up and then boarded down - from 11am - Saturday (2/03) until 9:30 Sunday morning.

I got the pleasure of staying up all night (while Xanthe and Ranu slept) to do support. Those girls rocked the course and ran consistent lap times. I did my best to get them what they
needed and support them.

Sometime in the middle of the night some
drunk guy that pissed his pants walked right into our condo. i looked at him and said "you NEED to LEAVE right now!" Dana gets up and pushes him out the door. yikes! scary stuff considering we had be leaving the door unlocked while we were out.

Also, while Dana and I were in the ski lounge the bartender came and gave us a tutorial on how snowcats work. gee - thanks - info i had been dying to know. ;)

you know Dana NEVER complains about anything but she had a few choice words about the
'catwalk' they had to navigate each lap. In her eloquent words "that fucking cat walk!". Oh i guess she had some choice words too the time Angela forgot the poles and Dana was using her yakTraks.

big kudos to those bad ass gulz - they are WAY tougher then I am!

I'm anxiously waiting for some pics from Angela to add to this post.

Comments

Popular Posts