Tales from the 4th Summit
Mike Brown is back safe and sound from his recent Everest trip and his 4th successful summit of Everest.
Mike is probably one of the few people in the world that is fit enough to summit Everest AND carry a huge camera. He was filming an IMAX film - so I hear that equipment is fairly large and heavy.
Dana and Xanthe had Mike, Dave and I over for dinner to hear about his adventures. He is doing well - he had a safe summit(and has not ruled out going back), made new friends, and helped some Sherpa's recover a friend that had died on the mountain.
It was interesting hearing about the different people on the mountain, the culture of the Sherpas and the beautiful/desolate landscape he captures so well in his films. Dana is interested in climbing Everest and was picking Mike's brain.
Mike is interesting person for sure - well accomplished but so low-key and humble.
I snapped a few pics...
1. dave and mike
2. xanthe and dana
3. manatory group shot
4. monkey wants some dinner!


Mike is probably one of the few people in the world that is fit enough to summit Everest AND carry a huge camera. He was filming an IMAX film - so I hear that equipment is fairly large and heavy.
Dana and Xanthe had Mike, Dave and I over for dinner to hear about his adventures. He is doing well - he had a safe summit(and has not ruled out going back), made new friends, and helped some Sherpa's recover a friend that had died on the mountain.
It was interesting hearing about the different people on the mountain, the culture of the Sherpas and the beautiful/desolate landscape he captures so well in his films. Dana is interested in climbing Everest and was picking Mike's brain.
Mike is interesting person for sure - well accomplished but so low-key and humble.
I snapped a few pics...
1. dave and mike
2. xanthe and dana
3. manatory group shot
4. monkey wants some dinner!
Comments