Pugsley!
On Thursday there was a forecast for snow this weekend - so i asked Dana if I could take her Pugsley for a spin on Sunday. She graciously agreed - so after hitting The Walnut for breakfast and I went home and bundled up.It was 21degrees out when I started riding. The sun was shining and despite the low temps - I was fairly comfortable.
I did have a small issue in where I couldn't lower the seat enough to sit and pedal - so I pretty much had to stand the whole time. (dana's ~5'8" and me 4'10") At times I was able to rest my left butt cheek against the tip of the saddle and sort of sit and pedal but that wasn't very comfortable.
Irregardless - that bike is SO MUCH fun! Plus it was PERFECT Pugsley riding condtions. That bike just plows through anything. A few times I'd be fish-tailing down the trail but the tires always hooked up and I never fell. It was work getting those big wheels to turn - but once they started rolling they carried a lot of momentum. fun-fun-fun.
~2hours and 15 miles later - I headed back to the Walnut to give the bike back to Dana. she goes "that's one big smile you have on your face!" Then I went home and took a nice, long warm bath and a nap!
I ran into my friend Derek on the trail and he snapped this pic of me and I snapped on of him.

Comments