in search of the perfect pen
I love old school fountain pens - the kind with bladders that you have to fill from a bottle of ink.
I have a nice little collection but rarely use them as it's a bit of trouble to keep them filled.
I prefer extremely fine points. I guess that's what i like about fountain pens - the tactile feel as the ink precisely and fluidly flows onto the paper.
I also have a collection of fountain pen nibs. 15 years ago I found a cool pen store in Washington D.C. and the owner had a box of vintage(never been used) nibs. I bought several from him.
Nowadays it's hard to find a pen with a very fine writing point where the ink freely flows without skipping. Oh and i like dark blue ink too. I have found a roller ball I like with a fine point but I've only seen it with black ink.
I ran across my petite Waterman pen the other day (the pen w/container at the back of the pic)... hmm....maybe I'll go on the hunt for a dark blue bottle of ink and start using them again.
I have a nice little collection but rarely use them as it's a bit of trouble to keep them filled.I prefer extremely fine points. I guess that's what i like about fountain pens - the tactile feel as the ink precisely and fluidly flows onto the paper.
I also have a collection of fountain pen nibs. 15 years ago I found a cool pen store in Washington D.C. and the owner had a box of vintage(never been used) nibs. I bought several from him.
Nowadays it's hard to find a pen with a very fine writing point where the ink freely flows without skipping. Oh and i like dark blue ink too. I have found a roller ball I like with a fine point but I've only seen it with black ink.
I ran across my petite Waterman pen the other day (the pen w/container at the back of the pic)... hmm....maybe I'll go on the hunt for a dark blue bottle of ink and start using them again.
Comments