random thoughts the financial crisis

Monarch Crest Trail Elevation loss similar to Dow Jones & Apple Slide
This caught my eye the other day...the elevation loss on the Monarch Crest Ride resembles the state of the Dow Jones that week.
Monarch Crest Elevation Profile

My retirement account has lost 35% of it's value
Good thing I'm not retiring anytime soon. I'm not panicking - I'm sure it will come back...still it's a bit disconcerting.

Now is a good time to buy stock
I'm looking at buying some Apple stock. It's a pricey stock so I haven't bought any in the past
but it's near a 52week low. The iPhones are so popular and they have yet to announce their quarterly earnings so I think now is a good time to buy.

Ricky recommended GM. I'm like: GM?? are you crazy??? Here are his thoughts (he cracks me up!)

"now gm isn't my favorite company by any means, but it too is at a 52 week low. they're 52 week high is 43.20!! this is another company that america needs. (maybe they would save ford than gm, but still important and not going anywhere...yet) so same sentiments go towards gm as amr, but there is one extra plus. They, like that tesla company are working on a completely electric car. They even have ads for it out, even though they don't have a working prototype. They saw what tesla are doing and are angry that silicon valley will do it before them. So they are in a race now. The CEO is a greedy guy and can care less about the environment, but he's a business man and he knows that to survive, this is a good opportunity. If they put out an affordable, working electric car, they will be seen again as innovators and industry leaders and put them back on top. if that does work out, this would be a big money maker."

I'll probably look around and dabble with a few more stocks - I'm not a serious investor - but with prices so low it will be fun to dabble a bit.


Comments

Popular Posts