small town texas
I graduated from Corsicana High School in 1979 - 30 years ago - so I made the trek for the reunion this weekend...here are a few pix of the town...



I remember going into Dyer's and dreaming about actually being able to afford a new shirt or dress while the sales ladies would look down their noses at me. I always felt I wasn't worthy to even window shop there. But now to see it abandoned, with the awnings ripped and a busted out window...i dunno - it made me a little melancholy.
the town has definitely seen better days and i was very surprised of the number of my fellow students that never left or left and came back.
some of the streets are paved with bricks


this was really sad for me to see -
Dyer's was "the place" for the rich folks to shop.
Dyer's was "the place" for the rich folks to shop.

I remember going into Dyer's and dreaming about actually being able to afford a new shirt or dress while the sales ladies would look down their noses at me. I always felt I wasn't worthy to even window shop there. But now to see it abandoned, with the awnings ripped and a busted out window...i dunno - it made me a little melancholy.
the town has definitely seen better days and i was very surprised of the number of my fellow students that never left or left and came back.

Comments