worn out

the time has come replace a couple of worn out items. I'd say I got my moneys worth. :)

backstory for the cue case: I bought this case in 1997 from a pool hustler for 100 bucks. It had been well used and sadly the guy i bought from was down-on-his-luck and needed some quick cash. It's byGeorge case and retail they go for ~$300 new. It served me well during my "real" pool playing days after I moved to Colorado in 2001 the strap broke. So I did the ghetto repair of duct tape and a carabiner. ;)

front view of old case

close up view of "repair"


Since I started playing again in Oct '08 - I've been looking around for a new case. In general the pool cases on the market are overpriced, ugly and cheap looking. I came across this website OnQ cases and called the owner, Garth. I told him what I was looking for and together we designed a case and I decided to order one. Since everything is handmade by Garth and he's very popular it took 4 months since I ordered the case until I finally received it last week.

I think it's a big improvement from my old case. ;)

front view

back view

top view - yes it's cheesy
I had my name put on the lid

backstory for red sidis: I bought these when I bought my Seven FS in 2005. So that makes them only 4 years old. But I've worn the snot out of these puppies. yep - once upon a time the 'old shoes' looked exactly like the 'new shoes'

candy cleats

bottom toe section of old shoe


bottom toe section of new shoe


side by side

Comments

Popular Posts