steady as she goes...
I've been looking forward to Friday's workout all week long.
Like a good girl I've been sticking to the 'injury recovery training plan' the past week. Tuesday was the worst as I worked from home and the weather was an amazing 70 degree/minimal winds kinda day. And of course, I had a indoor bike trainer workout on the schedule. but I stuck to the plan - which hasn't had anything slightly resembling "speed work" or fartleks.
Friday's workout was the carrot to look forward to at the end of the week - not anything really crazy but the thought of getting to run a 9 minute mile was so exciting to me! AND the fact that the weather forecast was calling for a sunny 56 degree minimal wind kind of day - yeeHAW! A morning loop @ the rez sounded just about perfect. :)
Of course the universe had other plans. I got a 4:30am call for my Victim Advocate volunteer gig this morning. It was a sad and tragic incident mixed with some volatility that left me tired, off-kilter and discombobulated for the rest of the day. So instead of a nice solo run at the rez - I took it easy for the rest of the day and I met my boyfriend at his house to run one of his favorite routes after work. Just what I needed - spending a beautiful afternoon with my honey
There's 160 elevation gain on this loop in the first 4 miles - and I was pretty close to hitting the mile targets - however I felt like I was cheating on the last mile with 139 elevation loss and hit a 8:50 min mile split...but heck - I'll take it.
In other news....
I threw away $27.75.
I won't be racing the Running of the Green 7k on Sunday. I signed up way back in December - but at this point in my recovery - I still feel a *tiny* bit fragile and don't want to risk re-injury by running a race too soon. so - good bye $27.75 and hello to sleeping late on Sunday!
And one more thing...
Dave and I have been considering the Marine Corps Marathon in October as our 1st marathon. He has a good friend in the area so we'd have a place to stay and a car to borrow. Registration opened at 1pm Wednesday and it sold out in 2 hour 41 minutes. I was going to wait until the evening to sign up after I touched base with Dave. I'm bummed this won't be an option for us...onward!
Like a good girl I've been sticking to the 'injury recovery training plan' the past week. Tuesday was the worst as I worked from home and the weather was an amazing 70 degree/minimal winds kinda day. And of course, I had a indoor bike trainer workout on the schedule. but I stuck to the plan - which hasn't had anything slightly resembling "speed work" or fartleks.
Friday's workout was the carrot to look forward to at the end of the week - not anything really crazy but the thought of getting to run a 9 minute mile was so exciting to me! AND the fact that the weather forecast was calling for a sunny 56 degree minimal wind kind of day - yeeHAW! A morning loop @ the rez sounded just about perfect. :)
Of course the universe had other plans. I got a 4:30am call for my Victim Advocate volunteer gig this morning. It was a sad and tragic incident mixed with some volatility that left me tired, off-kilter and discombobulated for the rest of the day. So instead of a nice solo run at the rez - I took it easy for the rest of the day and I met my boyfriend at his house to run one of his favorite routes after work. Just what I needed - spending a beautiful afternoon with my honey
![]() |
| a beautiful Colorado afternoon |
In other news....
I threw away $27.75.
I won't be racing the Running of the Green 7k on Sunday. I signed up way back in December - but at this point in my recovery - I still feel a *tiny* bit fragile and don't want to risk re-injury by running a race too soon. so - good bye $27.75 and hello to sleeping late on Sunday!
And one more thing...
Dave and I have been considering the Marine Corps Marathon in October as our 1st marathon. He has a good friend in the area so we'd have a place to stay and a car to borrow. Registration opened at 1pm Wednesday and it sold out in 2 hour 41 minutes. I was going to wait until the evening to sign up after I touched base with Dave. I'm bummed this won't be an option for us...onward!

Comments
Congrats on the 5-miler! Your paces were great--it sounds heavenly to me. And it sounds like it was a good thing after the way your day began, too.
You are a good example, skipping the Runnin' of the Green.
Sorry about the MCM. I was really surprised how fast it sold out!
I have a thought of maybe the Marine Corps Marathon also, that is if I decide to actually do one. :)
still trying to figure out another marathon for you. seattle marathon is thanksgiving weekend, so sucky time to travel. hmmmm
Could we do any better with the weather this weekend???