that's a wrap!

Whew! Survived March.   I was a little apprehensive coming into March.

My adductor strain injury had been getting better and I was able to run with minimal pain.  So the key was to balance effort/duration with what my body could handle without re-injury.   The 1st week in March was 11 miles - then I was gradually able to bump it up to the max of ~30 miles in the last week in March so it gave me to the total of 101 miles for the month.  A big milestone for me to hit 100 miles in a month.  YAY!  Hopefully there will be more of the 100+ mile months in the future! 

.

Racing tomorrow!

I still have a little bit of pain but I'm being as careful as possible.  Or I will try to be - I have a 5 mile race tomorrow (it's been 2 months since my last race).   It will be my first ever 5 mile race - so I am definitely gonna PR.  :)

It will great to run this race as it's the Colorado 5 mile USATF Championship and several elite runners will be participating.  Since it's an out-and-back it will be so great to see the elites run back while I'm still running out.   Gotta love Boulder with so many world class elites that live locally.

Race Weather

The weather looks like it will be respectable - per WeatherSpark.com.  Supposedly gonna be 58 degrees w/8 mph winds (dying down to 4mph by 9am) and partly cloudy.




Race Fitness

Screen shot from WKO+ software - performance manager chart

ATL = 41, TSB = 3.2 and CTL = 50.2 which is decent. 

I would have preferred a 10 TSB and a 54 CTL (I'm happy w/the ATL) but I'll take what I can get!

WKO+ (simplified)


I want the blue and yellow lines to be as high as possible and the pink line to be as low as possible.

WKO+ (not simplified)

Yes - I'm a MAJOR data geek and here are the definitions:
  • CTL(blue line)=Long term effects- workouts done 15 days ago and older
  • ATL(pink line)=Short term effects- workouts done in the last 14 days - i.e. fatigue
  • TSB(yellow line)=  form - the components of "form" are below. 
    • Form=Fitness+ Freshness
    • Fitness is result of Training Stress
    • Freshness is the result of rest.

Pacing

I'm not quite sure how to pace myself - I am putting tape over my garmin and will run on PE.   I am going to attempt to run just a tad bit easier than my 5k effort.  (5k effort is between 8:15 - 8:30 min miles).  The course is a little bit hilly - so I definitely plan to work the downhills and not blow myself up on the uphills.  We'll see how the pacing going with PE.  I'm excited!!!

Comments

Christi said…
Have a great race!  I will be rooting for ya!
Kathy R said…
Have a great run! I usually do the half but won't be back in town this year ... ah well, there's always the fall!
Julie said…
Good luck and have fun! The weather looks perfect this morning.
pensive pumpkin said…
wow.  totally skimmed over the data because it looked intimidating.  lol

good luck!!!!  can't wait to hear how your PR went!  ; )
Terzah Becker said…
I'm so sorry I missed this post when you wrote it. Had I seen it, I could have come and cheered for you!! Anyway, I'll get you next time. :^)

Popular Posts