40 is the new 30 (or is it the new 20?)

I was born in 1961 - so that puts me smack dab in the middle of "middle age".
Quite often I'm told I don't look my age. I get some pretty crazy reactions when I tell people I have a son that graduated from college.
I can't count the number of times people ask me for my "secret".
I think a biggest part of my "secret" is genetics. I'm Hispanic - so the darker skin color helps, but also I'm petite - 4'10" ~105lbs(during mtn biking season) and long dark hair - all of which help with the "illusion" of youth.
The other big part of my secret is my skin care regime (my sister is a dermatologist) - which is why I'm writing this post. So many people (strangers, massage therapists,my leg wax lady, checkout clerks @ the store, bike riding friends, co-workers, etc) have asked for my skin care regime. So much so I've considered having laminated cards printed up to hand out.
So here it is:
Products:1. MD Forte Glycare Cleansing Gel
2. Neavoa Eye Therapy
3. Neutrogena Anti-Winkle cream
4. SkinCeuticasl C E Ferulic
5. SkinCeuticals Eye gel
6. SkinCeutical hydrating B5 Gel
7. Any suncreen containing titaiumn oxide & zinc oxide
8. Unscented moisturizer
How to use:
Evening -
1. Wash face with MD Forte Glycare Cleansing Gel
2. Apply Neavoa Eye Therapy under eyes
3. Apply Neutrogena Anti-Winkle cream to face and neck
4. Apply moisturizer
Morning -
1. Wash face wit MD Forte Glycare Cleansing Gel
2. Apply SkinCeuticals Eye gel
3. Apply SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic
4. Apply SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel
5. Apply sunscreen to face, neck and back of hands
Where to buy:
- Neutrogrena and moisturizer can be found at any drug store
- The remaining products can be found @ www.dermstore.com.
I am *very* displinced about following my skin care regime - I rarely miss a morning or evening. And I NEVER, EVER leave of the house without sunscreen on. I also wear sunprotective clothing. I *especially* like the EMS Techwick products.
Whenever I visit my sister in Washington state - she does the Mirco Dermabrasion treatment. My skin is glowing afterward. I would strongly recommend getting Microderm if possible. My sister has offered to botox me too - but I do not want to do botox. The skin regime seems to work well for me and I "like" having facial expressions. ;)
Oh yeah - I think the fact I'm a motorcycle roadracer and a mtn biking fanatic helps k
eeps me young too. :)
Comments