Converting over to SS

After the 24 hours of Moab (october 2005) I decided to bite the bullet and convert my Dean Steel Hardtail into a SingleSpeed. I had a conversation with this guy Charlie @ the Keystone race telling me I could convert for less that $100.

So i went to excel and bought the stuff -parts were ~$70 + tax (hey maybe that guy @ Keystone knew what he was talking about.)
  1. a 18t cog
  2. surly singlator
  3. spacers
  4. Problem solver chainring bolts
Lucky for me I have a boyfriend that happens to like to work on bikes so for the price of dinner he put it all together for me.

I couldn't believe how much fun I had on the SS. Typically I don't ride Heil, Betasso or Buffalo Creek due to the non-technical nature of those rides - but on the SS it was so much fun!


I had $200 in bike shop gift certificates - so I then went all out and bought an Eno Eccentric SS hub and had a wheel built. the total cost was like $280 but only $80 out of my
pocket. (purty -ain't it!) I'm taking it out on Heil this Thursday and on Hall (yikes-ola) on Saturday. We'll see how it goes. ;)


Comments

Popular Posts