Trip to TX – Eating Tex-Mex

I don’t miss much about Texas – but as many of you know the one thing I *do* miss is the Tex-Mex food. You know maybe the food isn’t that good maybe it’s just what I’m *used* to that I think it’s great. But regardless – I do miss it.

So one of things I was really looking forward to on my quick Texas trip was to eat at a couple of my favorites.

I didn’t want this trip to derail my weight loss program - I’m trying to get from 114lbs (pretty porky for me) to a race ready, lean and mean 105lbs. So the week prior - I was *super* clean on my eating as I knew I’d be eating total junk the upcoming weekend. Greasy cheese and onion enchiladas, lard filled refried beans and a ton of fried corn chips were in my future. YUMMY!!!

As things were – I was only going to have time for 2 places.
My flight got in ~8pm CST and Ricky picked me up and we headed for Enchiladas. I ordered my “usual” Chicken Tacos al Carbon and settled down to dive into a big basket of chips. I was severely disappointed to find the hot sauce not as good I remember. Ricky did say it was “off”. The chips were good and I worked through my salsa disappointment by demolishing all the chips and eating a couple of servings of salsa. Total salsa let down – but I ate it anyway.

The next day was meeting the family for lunch @ El Fenix. Lunch with my family was total chaos as usual with my brother and his wife showing up 30minutes late and my ex-husband and his daughter showed up. My ex has gained so much weight it “hurt” to look at him – I’m guessing ~30-35lbs over. I didn’t even recognize him when I first saw him. I tried to hide my surprise and eventually got “used” to the how he looked and was able to stop staring.

Fortunately, the cheese enchiladas, rice and beans and chips and salsa were outstanding – I thoroughly enjoyed them. Ahhh…a great Tex-Mex fix!! :)

on a good note - even with the tons of chips I ate - I still managed to lose 1 pound last week - making the total 5lbs in 5 weeks. A good rate to not lose muscle mass and only body fat. In the "old" days I never weighed over 99lbs - but since I'm such a fanatic about cycling - I'll never weigh less than 100lbs again. I need the muscle mass - i do have to say I've never been fitter or have looked better. ahhh....muscles - the "ultimate" fashion accessory. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts