Ridin' with jeny
My friend Jeny called me up to ride today. She got a new bike and was stoked to ride it.

Now she's total badass rider. She climbs like a mountain goat on the uphills and does pretty darn good on the downhills too.
so ridin' with Jeny goes like this:
-> she rides
-> she waits for me to catch up
-> she starts up when i catch up
-> she waits for me to catch up
-> repeat
I can only dream about being as fast as her.
I know riding with Jeny is going to leave me suffering. So of course - I agreed. We met for breakfast (I knew I'd need lots 'o energy) at the Walnut Cafe and ran into my friend, Mike Brown.

Originally we were going to ride Walker Ranch - but we got up there and it was FREEZING. We wussed out and turned around went to Heil Ranch. Heil is a good cardio workout - but fairly easy technical ride. I prefer more technical rides - but it's winter and we were going to go easy. welll....easy for Jeny is hard for me.
We park off of Hwy 36 and Left Hand to ride 2 miles to the trailhead. this is a lollipop trail - so we ride up to the loop and ride counter-clockwise and then turn around and ride clockwise.


When i caught up to Jeny after the 2nd loop - 2 girls came riding up. I recongized them as Chelsa McKown and Bobbi Watt. Chelsa is a great technical rider and is super fast on the downhills. Bobbi is a total badass. Raced BMX and now totally kicks it in the dual salom races - hitting all the jumps as smooth as silk. Found this picture of her on the web at www.leelikesbikes.com.
We had a really nice chat with these girls - talking about bikes, riding, how to ride better, etc.
Bobbi is featured in the book "Mastering Mountian Bike Skills with Brian Lopes". She's demostrating how to hit jumps. She's small ~5'2" and probably weigh 100lbs - but she can rail it on the downhill. cool stuff!
They were heading down too - so Bobbi lowers her seat and they take off. Jeny bolts after them like a bat outta hell and I keep Jeny in sight for about a 1mile or so then lose her. 2 miles down there all the girls are waiting for me catch up. hmm...maybe I should take one of the clinics Bobbi teachs. :D
What a great day to ride with such great girl riders - it's a wonderful inspiration to me. Damn! Life is FUN!!!

Now she's total badass rider. She climbs like a mountain goat on the uphills and does pretty darn good on the downhills too.
so ridin' with Jeny goes like this:
-> she rides
-> she waits for me to catch up
-> she starts up when i catch up
-> she waits for me to catch up
-> repeat
I can only dream about being as fast as her.
I know riding with Jeny is going to leave me suffering. So of course - I agreed. We met for breakfast (I knew I'd need lots 'o energy) at the Walnut Cafe and ran into my friend, Mike Brown.

Originally we were going to ride Walker Ranch - but we got up there and it was FREEZING. We wussed out and turned around went to Heil Ranch. Heil is a good cardio workout - but fairly easy technical ride. I prefer more technical rides - but it's winter and we were going to go easy. welll....easy for Jeny is hard for me.
We park off of Hwy 36 and Left Hand to ride 2 miles to the trailhead. this is a lollipop trail - so we ride up to the loop and ride counter-clockwise and then turn around and ride clockwise.


When i caught up to Jeny after the 2nd loop - 2 girls came riding up. I recongized them as Chelsa McKown and Bobbi Watt. Chelsa is a great technical rider and is super fast on the downhills. Bobbi is a total badass. Raced BMX and now totally kicks it in the dual salom races - hitting all the jumps as smooth as silk. Found this picture of her on the web at www.leelikesbikes.com.
We had a really nice chat with these girls - talking about bikes, riding, how to ride better, etc.Bobbi is featured in the book "Mastering Mountian Bike Skills with Brian Lopes". She's demostrating how to hit jumps. She's small ~5'2" and probably weigh 100lbs - but she can rail it on the downhill. cool stuff!
They were heading down too - so Bobbi lowers her seat and they take off. Jeny bolts after them like a bat outta hell and I keep Jeny in sight for about a 1mile or so then lose her. 2 miles down there all the girls are waiting for me catch up. hmm...maybe I should take one of the clinics Bobbi teachs. :D
What a great day to ride with such great girl riders - it's a wonderful inspiration to me. Damn! Life is FUN!!!
Comments