Dave - one cool nerd
I like nerds...I've always have.
While all my other friends always went for the "bad boy" types or as Sasha says "guys with an edge" - I've always thought the skinny, bespectacled, Poindexter types or the rumpled clothing, shaggy haired guys were the most attractive.
Coming from Dallas where image is everything - I felt like the guys that didn't *try* to generate an image were the interesting ones.
But on the other hand - I'm sure the "bad boys" probably never found me attractive as I never was one to flash cleavage and I've never(or even attempted) to master the art of wearing a push-up bra or wear figure flashing clothing. I favor the crew neck and turtleneck shirts - i'm quite sure quite boring in the eyes of "bad boys".
Dave - the stealthy badass.
Dave is like the coolest guy ever.
He's smart, funny, sweetly shy, fiercely loyal, honest, earnest, kind, a bit of a straight arrow, a good listener, willing to talk/work through problems, likes to help people, never oversells himself, loves to problem solve and quietly confident.
On the surface he's quiet, shy and nice - an everyday Joe Blow. But he's also a badass.
He was in the Army and I found this pic of him. I LOVE this pic - he's so skinny and I love those glasses.
Granted this pic is probably 15 years old and Dave's put on some muscle and had his eyes lasered - but i think he's adorable in this picture where he's fixin' to rappel out of a helicopter.
As a Paratrooper and Pathfinder in the Army - jumping from all kinds of aircraft, rappelling from helicopters and all kinds of other hardcore activities - I'm guessing all those "bad boys" don't have anything on him.
Dave also rides like a mofo on a bike. You wouldn't know it by looking at him - but he flies on the descents on a road and mtn bike. Once when we were in Moab - he was descending this crazy steep, steppy rocks and even other guys watching commented "Damn! And he's riding that on a hardtail!" Even my friend Dana said "Ok - Dave is no pussy!" High praise coming from Dana. ;)
the geeky side
Dave is an EE. He loves his job - he's not one to put money over work that he finds interesting. He likes jobs that challenge him and currently he's working on stuff that's WAY over my head.
Something about teeny-tiny sensors in wireless packages that detect airborne and water borne pathogens.
It' fun to see him so enthused about the work he's doing. In the past he's done robotics @ NASA (found it too bureaucratic) and Ericsson(i'm not sure what he did there) and hardware design @ Titanium Mirror. However with Sporian he's been the most challenged and interested.
pretty darn cool, eh??
I must admit sometimes it is frustrating that Dave is so black and white. While there are so many things that I like to talk about in regards to people's motivation, determination and perseverance - Dave always focuses on the black-and-white mechanical specifics of "how". But i guess that's part of the package. All in all a pretty darn good package. :)
While all my other friends always went for the "bad boy" types or as Sasha says "guys with an edge" - I've always thought the skinny, bespectacled, Poindexter types or the rumpled clothing, shaggy haired guys were the most attractive.
Coming from Dallas where image is everything - I felt like the guys that didn't *try* to generate an image were the interesting ones.
But on the other hand - I'm sure the "bad boys" probably never found me attractive as I never was one to flash cleavage and I've never(or even attempted) to master the art of wearing a push-up bra or wear figure flashing clothing. I favor the crew neck and turtleneck shirts - i'm quite sure quite boring in the eyes of "bad boys".
Dave - the stealthy badass.
Dave is like the coolest guy ever.
He's smart, funny, sweetly shy, fiercely loyal, honest, earnest, kind, a bit of a straight arrow, a good listener, willing to talk/work through problems, likes to help people, never oversells himself, loves to problem solve and quietly confident.
On the surface he's quiet, shy and nice - an everyday Joe Blow. But he's also a badass.
He was in the Army and I found this pic of him. I LOVE this pic - he's so skinny and I love those glasses.
Granted this pic is probably 15 years old and Dave's put on some muscle and had his eyes lasered - but i think he's adorable in this picture where he's fixin' to rappel out of a helicopter.As a Paratrooper and Pathfinder in the Army - jumping from all kinds of aircraft, rappelling from helicopters and all kinds of other hardcore activities - I'm guessing all those "bad boys" don't have anything on him.
Dave also rides like a mofo on a bike. You wouldn't know it by looking at him - but he flies on the descents on a road and mtn bike. Once when we were in Moab - he was descending this crazy steep, steppy rocks and even other guys watching commented "Damn! And he's riding that on a hardtail!" Even my friend Dana said "Ok - Dave is no pussy!" High praise coming from Dana. ;)
the geeky side
Dave is an EE. He loves his job - he's not one to put money over work that he finds interesting. He likes jobs that challenge him and currently he's working on stuff that's WAY over my head.
Something about teeny-tiny sensors in wireless packages that detect airborne and water borne pathogens.
It' fun to see him so enthused about the work he's doing. In the past he's done robotics @ NASA (found it too bureaucratic) and Ericsson(i'm not sure what he did there) and hardware design @ Titanium Mirror. However with Sporian he's been the most challenged and interested.
pretty darn cool, eh??
I must admit sometimes it is frustrating that Dave is so black and white. While there are so many things that I like to talk about in regards to people's motivation, determination and perseverance - Dave always focuses on the black-and-white mechanical specifics of "how". But i guess that's part of the package. All in all a pretty darn good package. :)
Comments