downhilling 101
The girls (tracy and kim) convinced Dave and I to do our monthly "date night" during the day at Keystone and experience downhilling. Now - I've ridden the Super D course several times on all my bikes (FS, HT, rigid SS) which consists of the Green and Blue runs. I've never considered doing any of the blacks or doublebacks.....but I guess that was fixin' to change.
Jen graciously lent me her downhill armour and it fit perfectly.
but boy - did i feel like a poser!
(photos courtesy of kim) sigh...just when i thought the Safire's 5 inches of travel is enough - here i am obviously lacking in travel again... :)
the Crew
It was Dave, Tracy, Kim, Dan, Jason, and 3 or his Specialized cohorts. Needless to say - I felt lame with all that talent...but i was game. One thing about learning something new is you gotta check your ego at the door and with all the new things I've learned in my 40s - i'm getting used to that feeling. :)
oh my - what a blast'
Gosh - I had so much fun riding with my honey and our crew. I surprised myself and rode things I wouldn't have DREAMED off just a couple of years ago. And I also walked things I can't imagine ever riding. I can't remember all the trails we rode (tnt/paid in full/ cowboy up/ milky way/ wild thing/ and some more i can't remember - but I had fun on each and every one of them.
the crew totally rocks!
Kim rode Wild Thing (including the infamous "Triple Step") with ease. Tracy dazzled me by riding the Corkscrew. Kim and Dave rode it too...i walked it...
Dan of course - did some big drop - "Fuzzy Bunny" and Jason and crew followed him right off the thing. pretty darn impressive. check out kim's blog for write up and pix.
owie...arm pump
Unforunately after 3 runs - I had to call it quits...I had really bad "arm pump". I was about ready to start crying and it was everything I could do squeeze the brakes. my-oh-my - did I have so much fun. I can't wait to go back and try it again.
Thanks to Kim for organizing and getting me out there...I think I can credit my improvement in skills to her encouragement.
owie - aftermath
I woke up this morning with sore forearms, traps and neck...who would've thunk downhilling is so exhausting...
Jen graciously lent me her downhill armour and it fit perfectly.
but boy - did i feel like a poser!
the Crew
It was Dave, Tracy, Kim, Dan, Jason, and 3 or his Specialized cohorts. Needless to say - I felt lame with all that talent...but i was game. One thing about learning something new is you gotta check your ego at the door and with all the new things I've learned in my 40s - i'm getting used to that feeling. :)
oh my - what a blast'
Gosh - I had so much fun riding with my honey and our crew. I surprised myself and rode things I wouldn't have DREAMED off just a couple of years ago. And I also walked things I can't imagine ever riding. I can't remember all the trails we rode (tnt/paid in full/ cowboy up/ milky way/ wild thing/ and some more i can't remember - but I had fun on each and every one of them.
the crew totally rocks!
Kim rode Wild Thing (including the infamous "Triple Step") with ease. Tracy dazzled me by riding the Corkscrew. Kim and Dave rode it too...i walked it...
Dan of course - did some big drop - "Fuzzy Bunny" and Jason and crew followed him right off the thing. pretty darn impressive. check out kim's blog for write up and pix.
owie...arm pump
Unforunately after 3 runs - I had to call it quits...I had really bad "arm pump". I was about ready to start crying and it was everything I could do squeeze the brakes. my-oh-my - did I have so much fun. I can't wait to go back and try it again.
Thanks to Kim for organizing and getting me out there...I think I can credit my improvement in skills to her encouragement.
owie - aftermath
I woke up this morning with sore forearms, traps and neck...who would've thunk downhilling is so exhausting...
Comments