lazy daze
No plans today - I didn't *have* to do anything or be anywhere at any certain time. So we slept in til ~9am.
~60 feet away - so close!
Since it was gonna be a scorcher today - i decided to do a short quickie ride. I did 2 loops at Betasso and down and up the Connector trail. I thought about taking the SS but right now it's geared at 32x16 - too tall a gear for the Connector trail and I was too lazy to change out the gearing so I took the Safire.
I started ~10am and it was hot. I took it easy tho. This was the 1st time I've ridden the Safire UP the Connector so I was curious how it would do.
I tell you - I'm so impressed with that bike. I ALMOST cleaned the Connector trail on the way up. I was only 60ft from the top of the super rocky section. I couldn't sustain the being anaerobic for that pitch - it I had that ability I'm pretty sure I would've made it. Alas, as it was I didn't have it and had to stop and hang over the bars to catch my breath. It was too steep for me to start at that point so I had to walk that 60 ft or so.
But other than that I was able to clean the rest of the climb - with stops to rest that is...
So maybe I'll work on cleaning it with rest stops and then when I get that nailed - then I'll go for the cleaning without rest stops. ;)
Regardless it was nice to get out by myself - I was home by 12:30 and had the rest of the day to goof off.
I took a shower, hit Dot's for lunch and took a nice long nap.
Practice makes perfect
I still make it a point to practice my guitar at least a few times a week. I don't want to lose my hard earned fingertip callous'. It's kinda like losing your running legs and it takes a few weeks to build them back up. (speaking of I haven't run since May and I keep thinking I'll run a few times a week but it hasn't happened)
On Friday - Dave and I had a spontaneous jam session and we were both in the groove and played really well together. We were both like "wow! that was awesome! we should do that more often" It's kinda like just flowing over a technical section - you don't know what you did but whatever it was it was ON!
Anyways - we've been working on "wish you were here". So i practiced that for a bit this afternoon and made a little video. It's my abbreviated version and it is still pretty choppy but at least it's recognizable. ;)
update: Dave says my guitar is way out of tune...I redid the video - hopefully this one is a little better. (yes - i'm a dork...)
~60 feet away - so close!
Since it was gonna be a scorcher today - i decided to do a short quickie ride. I did 2 loops at Betasso and down and up the Connector trail. I thought about taking the SS but right now it's geared at 32x16 - too tall a gear for the Connector trail and I was too lazy to change out the gearing so I took the Safire.
I started ~10am and it was hot. I took it easy tho. This was the 1st time I've ridden the Safire UP the Connector so I was curious how it would do.
I tell you - I'm so impressed with that bike. I ALMOST cleaned the Connector trail on the way up. I was only 60ft from the top of the super rocky section. I couldn't sustain the being anaerobic for that pitch - it I had that ability I'm pretty sure I would've made it. Alas, as it was I didn't have it and had to stop and hang over the bars to catch my breath. It was too steep for me to start at that point so I had to walk that 60 ft or so.
But other than that I was able to clean the rest of the climb - with stops to rest that is...
So maybe I'll work on cleaning it with rest stops and then when I get that nailed - then I'll go for the cleaning without rest stops. ;)
Regardless it was nice to get out by myself - I was home by 12:30 and had the rest of the day to goof off.
I took a shower, hit Dot's for lunch and took a nice long nap.
Practice makes perfect
I still make it a point to practice my guitar at least a few times a week. I don't want to lose my hard earned fingertip callous'. It's kinda like losing your running legs and it takes a few weeks to build them back up. (speaking of I haven't run since May and I keep thinking I'll run a few times a week but it hasn't happened)
On Friday - Dave and I had a spontaneous jam session and we were both in the groove and played really well together. We were both like "wow! that was awesome! we should do that more often" It's kinda like just flowing over a technical section - you don't know what you did but whatever it was it was ON!
Anyways - we've been working on "wish you were here". So i practiced that for a bit this afternoon and made a little video. It's my abbreviated version and it is still pretty choppy but at least it's recognizable. ;)
update: Dave says my guitar is way out of tune...I redid the video - hopefully this one is a little better. (yes - i'm a dork...)
Comments