wasting time....
I feel like I haven’t making sufficient use of my time. In all aspects of my life – it’s frustrating…but I have no one to blame but myself.
Here’s the list of things that have been bugging me….
I haven’t been super efficient at work.
I have a huge project to start on but it’s like approaching a large smooth ball of chocolate 2ft in diameter. It looks yummy and I know it will be good once I start eating it…but there is no easy place to take a bite out of it.
So I’ve been staring at the round ball for over a week…holding it this way and that way….looking at it this and that way…thinking about how to take a bite – to no avail.
So I finally took the “hammer and chisel” approach and just waled on it and broke off a piece. That got me past my initial paralysis now I feel I have some momentum…hopefully I can use this to get my work mojo back and make some kick butt progress.
I rarely play pool.
I have my *dream* pool table in my home and I don’t play. It would take hardly any effort to practice/play 30 minutes a day - which would add up to a whopping 3.5 hours a week. That would keep my skills sharpened (but no where near my peak level). I LOVE playing pool. I played 2 times last week and had a blast – but since then nothing. I feel guilty for not making the time to play.
My house stays messy.
I mean – it’s just *me* that lives there…no kids at home, no husband, no pets, no plants, nothing else but me. It shouldn’t be that much trouble to keep it clean or at least picked up. I always feel so good when my house is clean – it would only take 30 minutes a day to keep everything picked up and put away. But alas…it doesn’t happen.
I rarely play my guitar.
Now I’m better about practicing the guitar than I am about pool. I will get a couple 2 or 3 hours of practice in a week – usually it 15 or 30 minute increments. But still – if I want to progress – I should practice more. I have my guitar sitting on a stand by my couch…I really have no excuse to not play.
I don’t go to yoga or pilates.
I feel so damn good after I go - knowing I did something good for my body. I much better about going during the winter – but jeesh – my gym is ½ mile away from my house. They have great yoga and pilates instructors and the class schedule is compatible with my work schedule…so what’s the problem??
No excuses.
Luckily my volunteer work is winding down as the race team sponsorship coordinator and the Tuesday girls rides are winding down. My Victim Advocate gig hasn’t (knock on wood) had much activity lately – so I can’t blame my inefficiency on that. I can't use my volunteer gigs as an excuse.
I’m frustrated that I’ve lost some efficiency/discipline and I’d like to get back to where I used to be…
It’s time to *decide* to make and change and stick with it and get past my inertia. Or maybe I can count on my friends to give me a swift kick in the @ss. any takers??
Comments