New Mexico ridin' - GITA 2007 - Sunday

Finally I'm getting to my GITA Sunday writeup.

There's really not a whole lot to say except that riding this time confirmed this ride as the #1 Best Ever Ride. ~28miles of some of the best singletrack ever. Fast as hell big-ring(that is *if* you have a big ring - I was on the rigid SS) narrow singletrack sweeping you though pine grove, then aspen grove, and then pine grove and then apsen grove. Amazing beautiful and fun stuff. And then for the best part is ~4miles of rocky technical spots and rock-garden after rock-garden.


I was super stoked with my technical mojo that day as I rode pretty much everything. Even thoses "steps" that scared me so much last year. Rocky/tight switchbacks - check. Bumpy/rocky/off-camber singletrack - check.
Steep loose baby heads - check. Continuous rock gardens - check. Those "steps" - check.

Even my buddy, Mark, fast as heck Expert racer dude was shocked when I rode places he didn't ride on his full-squishy. He was so impressed he bought me dinner and com
plimented me greatly on my riding prowess and said he inspired him to push himself. (he's such a sweetie!)

Here are some pix from the ride - i'm working on compiling an online photo album of me, Mark, Tom and Sasha.


Mark climbing a steep and putting the hurt on folks.







Dave(mtbr icegeek) and me look like we are performing
"synchronized biking" maneuvers












Carrie - showing the boyz how it's done! ;)











Anthony S, Tom and Dave - climbing
















me on a steep/loose descent
















me still descending while others watch














whew! glad I survived that one. ;)

Comments

FixieDave said…
Looks like a very good time!

Popular Posts