The ride before the storm
A big snow storm is supposed to blow in this afternoon. Got a few of the guys out for a ride on Devil's Backbone (my early season go-to ride). This was my 4th time to DBB this year - the previous 3 times were on the rigid SS. Today I took the geared hardtail. For some reason even tho it's very rocky in some sections - the ride seemed a lot harder with gears and front suspension. I even bobbled a couple of moves that I've gotten every time on the SS. go figure, eh?
Anyways - was glad to get out as the trails will be unrideable for a while. I had a blast trying (not very successfully) keeping up with the boyz.
Kirk of course showed us how it was done. I swear that guy's like a tractor - he can plow through and ride through anything. Here's proof.
More pix here. Oh and in conjunction with "ride before the storm" -here's me doing the hook from "riders of the storm" ;)
Anyways - was glad to get out as the trails will be unrideable for a while. I had a blast trying (not very successfully) keeping up with the boyz.
Kirk of course showed us how it was done. I swear that guy's like a tractor - he can plow through and ride through anything. Here's proof.
More pix here. Oh and in conjunction with "ride before the storm" -here's me doing the hook from "riders of the storm" ;)
Comments