Fruita - 2008
Me and the crew headed out to Fruita this past weekend. I was pretty stoked that Dave was willing to ride for 3 days!Friday - Gunny Loop
Dave and I drove out Friday morning and hit up the Grand Junction trails on Friday.
Jeny and Ed were at the trail head when we arrived - but unfortunately Jeny was out of riding commission do to some back issues.
One of my favorites there is the "Gunny Loop". It was so much fun taking Dave on that trail. Me and my honey had a blast. Dave hasn't really seen me ride in the past 2 or 3 years and he commented on "how bold" I've gotten and how much my riding has improved. It's always so great to hear this from your sweetie. :D
Everyone showed up at the Inn and we hit Fiesta Guadalajara for dinner.
Saturday - Western Rim and 18 road
A group of 9 us headed out. Me, Dave, Tom, Mark, Suzannah, Carrie, Ari, Sasha and Aaron. Ed was off doing some monster ride and Jeny was hanging out at the festival.
Carrie was on her SS and her 14(!) year old daughter, Ari on a Trek. Ari is a great rider - we were out for ~3hours and she did great!
It's been a few years since I ridden the Western Rim - but I remember it having great views and being lots of fun.
Check out this pic of Dave - I love this pic - click on pic to see that little boy watching from the tree.


Suffice to say we had a blast - headed back to town for burgers, showers and naps. :)
Later in the day we heading to 18 road to do laps on Kessel. I need to work on my flowy singletrack skills (i'm always riding the brakes) - so Mark let me chase him. He rode as fast as he could and I rode as fast as i could - he was 53seconds faster than me. maybe we can have a repeat next year and see if I get any better. ;)
Mark on Prime Cut

Sunday - Mary's/Horsethief

Horsethief never disappoints. We rode and had fun - i was even able to ride all the step ups that have given me problems in the past. It's a miracle!
for more pix click here - photo credits Mark Forgy.
Comments