view from the back of the bus...

So it goes - this was my view for most of the day (that is when I could keep them in sight )

Kim, Mark, Tom
Hit up Buffalo Creek for Mark's 30mile/~4k elevation gain ride.

I took out the SS. I'm not sure why i dec
ided on the SS - i was tired from my solo jaunt around Indian Creek (~26miles & 3600 ft elevation gain) on Saturday - so I think my brain was addled.

On the climb up Strawberry Jack - I was questioning my sanity but was very pleased I never lagged too far behind and I able to ride up the entire climb. An improvement from last time when I had to walk some of Strawberry. So I was stoked with tired legs I was doing ok.

Our route took us up Strawberry Jack, Homestead, Charlie's cut off, Sandy Wash, up Shinglemill, to the Colorado Trail, Green Mtn (I skipped Green Mtn), Gashouse, Homestead and back down Strawberry Jack.

We all had a great ride.

First of all - I survived. I was hurting pretty good after the Shinglemill climb - I was in full on suffer mode. I skipped the Green Mtn loop and waited for the crew at the top of Gashouse.


me waiting at the top of Gashouse - i guess i accidentlly took a picture of my leg


Kim was very impressive on her ~30lb(!) 6.6 Intense. She was climbing very well and of course descending well. I'm such a weight weenie - i can't imagine what it would be like climbing with a 30lb bike - but man - she pulled it off with finesse!

Mark's descending has improved greatly - he was FLYING
down the descents.

Tom was riding well too and cleaned a short, steep, techy climb that always stumps me.


Here's Kim's response when they met me at the top of Gashouse.



Here's why I didn't want to ride Green Mtn - I might get left too far behind.
It was a great weekend of riding - 2 back-to-back big days (for me - I know you endurance freaks that was just the warm up!) I'm one whipped puppy!

thanks to everyone today for keeping me moving!

Comments

Popular Posts