I see a flash of blue...
..as i dive into a turn..
...I carve the turn and pedal out of it...
...I carve the turn and pedal out of it...
tight, twisty, descending singletrack through the trees
dive, carve, pedal - just up ahead I see a flash of blue....
dive, carve, pedal...yep I just catch sight of the blue....
a short straight section through the trees...
25 yards ahead a flash of blue....
another turn - I don't see blue up ahead...
wait...maybe that's it...
no...maybe not...
wait...yes it is!
dive, carve, pedal - just up ahead I see a flash of blue....
dive, carve, pedal...yep I just catch sight of the blue....
a short straight section through the trees...
25 yards ahead a flash of blue....
another turn - I don't see blue up ahead...
wait...maybe that's it...
no...maybe not...
wait...yes it is!
And so it went on a twisty descent at Indian Creek yesterday.
Oh my - what a great day on the bike. On the descents if I could see that "flash of blue" from Kim's bike I was happy. She's a great rider so if i could catch a glimpse of her every now and then - i was stoked.
I've been having a blast riding with Kim...after every ride I'm more impressed with her passion for biking and skills. Plus - she likes to session!!
It was me, Dan, Kim and Sasha on this ride...normally it's a ~3.5 hour ride - but it turned into a ~4.5 hour ride due to some sessioning - which was just fine with me.
fun..fun...fun...(all pix poached from kim - unless otherwise noted - my camera is out of commission :( )
Here's dan riding a skinny - yes - kim rode it with hesitating. She almost had me talked into trying it but i chickened out.
This section is a little trickier than it looks. It's off camber with a couple of places to stick your front wheel. Kim took this pic straight on - for comparision -the next 2 pix are of the same section but a side view. (photo credit - mark forgy for photos 2&3)


Anyone that's ridden at Indian Creek knows this section. This is the "A" line by the tree. I rode the "b" line. Kim rode the "A" line like it was nothing!
They are inspiring....
and as long as I can catch a glimpse every now and then of that flash of blue...
then I'm doing pretty darn good!
then I'm doing pretty darn good!
Comments