....happiness *is* the corner....

or something like that. My old boyfriend, Steve, once told me about a car commerical he loved. it was for some performance car (i don't remember which one) where it shows the car carving turns on a mountain road and the voice over says "happiness isn't just around the corner - happiness *is* the corner".

cornering - i don't care which medium you are doing it in - when you hit it right - you *know* it.

Whether it be on a race track and you are hanging off your moto dragging you knee on the ground, open up that throttle a bit more and slingshot yourself out of a turn (and pass a guy with 3times the horsepower then you have) - wooowheee - what a feeling.

or when you rail through a dirt turn on your mtn bike and your rear tire slides out a bit but you feel comfortable with that - woooowheeee - what a feeling.

or when you are on ice and the only thing you are gliding on is a knife-edge of your 15.5 inch speedskating blade and pushing for more power to slingshot out of the turn - wooooowheee - what a feeling.

I *finally* have got the corners on ice. I've been struggling with this piece of the puzzle - trying SO hard to control the blades, keep the right body position and fully extend my legs. i kept over turning and nothing I did seemed to help. Rex would give suggestions on body position and said i wasn't that far off - but i couldn't get it right.

I don't know what happened - i came back to SLC and on Monday for some reason my corners were working. i'm shocked - i don't know what happened. I don't *feel* like i'm doing anything different - but obviously i am as my corners are working.

...happiness *is* the corner....


what a huge breakthrough! :D

Comments

Popular Posts