Humongous Seagull

I had planned 1/2 a day off to pick up Dave from the airport. My honey was flying down today and gonna skate w/me today and tomorrow and keep me company on the drive back. I was super skoted to have him join me and looking forward to seeing him after being gone for a week.

BUT he called me last night deathly sick and wasn't gonna be able to come - i was *very* disappointed. The poor guy has strep throat so i guess it's just as well he
stayed home.

Since i was already in the mindset to have 1/2 a day off - i called it quits today @ noon.

I hopped in the car and drove downtown to
checkout the University of Utah area and the Temple. U of U area was a cool hilly older part of town with a lots of character - in contrast to all the new generic development i've been exposed to during my stays here.

I drove by the Temple and took these pics. Man - that seagull thingy
looks like something out of a horror movie and that bearded statue (I'm guessing of Joe Smith) pointing and lording over the Indian....odd... but then again - when do organized religions make much sense, eh?

Comments

Popular Posts