2007 - Memorial Day weekend

busy...busy...

Saturday
Rode the mtbr Redstone ride on Saturday. I was considering racing @ Angel Fire - but i thought it would be too much trouble and expensive. So i latched on the the Redstone ride which promised to be a "death march". A whopping 42 people showed up.

Unfortunately I had to take the "short" option as Dave and I had plans to go to Longmont and see his guitar instructor play a gig. It was ~21miles with ~3400k elevation gain. A good hard ride.

I took the full squishy - but it didn't work out too well as my rear brake got an air bubble so I had no rear brake for most of the ride. Plus Dave had put on my spiffy new Fox fork and I didn't like it one bit. it was super stiff and seemed really sketchy in the corners. Dave thinks i might not weigh enough to kick up the interia value. I'm gonna play around with it some
more before i decide it's not for me. darn!

dave had did a road ride w/my friend Alicia today and he said she worked him over.

got to boulder in time to swing by the rio for food (yummy!) and then shower and head to Longmont

jesper took this pic of me grimacing and climbing.
















Sunday;)
Dave and i slept late, he got his bike stuff ready, we went to Dot's (yummy - gravy!) and then headed to Buffalo Creek. I have a new favorite 20mile route that is easily expanded to 25 or 30 miles. A lot of fun swoopy descents (this is a big weakness of mine and that i need major improvement on...) and not too much climbing. it's perfect running the 18t on the SS.

We rode and had a good time. Dave isn't used to being on his bike for 2 days straight so he was suffering a bit up the Shinglemill climb back out to the car. poor baby!

we hit Southern Sun on the way home for a pitcher of beer, burgers and fries (yummy...hmmm - do you see a common theme of my weekend??) then we showered and crashed hard.

Monday
we slept late (again) hit the South Side Walnut for breakfast - stopped and got 2 movies and laid around in bed the rest of the day watching movies and being lazy.

ahhh....what a nice weekend. ;)

Comments

C,

My stable platform Fox F100X is the best fork I have ever ridden - let me tell you I've ridden and blown a few. I set the air super light, like 45psi and the threshold as high as I can. It is solid for standing and cranking but when I take a big hit it activates and is soft. It is the only fork I have managed to get set up nicely being as light as I am.
brg said…
hmm...good to know...maybe i don't have it setup right. i'll have to mess with it somemore before i decide i don't like it...

Popular Posts