Dave's ex turns 50 ;)

Ok...what does it mean when so many people are turning 50? it means you are quickly approaching that milestone.

Debbie (dave's ex girlfriend that we are friendly with) turned 50. So we went to her party. The food was absolutely amazing and the house on Mapleton was nice too.

Of course the question came up on how we knew Debbie and I have to say we got a lot of funny looks when Dave said he used to date her. oh well...

Debbie looks fantastic - no way does she look 50. I would've guessed 40, 41 or 42 at the most. She's a strong willed person and switched careers in the last couple of years from a recruiter to a nurse. She made a lot of sacrifices to acheive her goals. I know a lot of people "say" they want to make changes or go to school but they aren't willing to do what it takes - which pretty much means giving up your life as you know it.
Anyway - she did and now she's officially switched careers.


so we were sitting on the couch not really socializing because we didn't really know many people. I see this guy walking around with a shirt with pool balls screen printed on it. So I ask him "do you play pool or are you just trying to be funny?" he said "both"

we end up talking to him and his wife for a really long time. He used to play pool a lot - so we swapped stories. All of us really hit it off - so we ended up heading to The Outback to shoot a few games. Of course it was unsaid - but we (john and I) played while dave and liz watched. i think that is very amusing. John was playing well but i was getting all the rolls and i won 3 out or 4 games. it felt good play well. i was nervous i would suck.

it's fun being me! ;)

Comments

Popular Posts