how i spent mother's day

My little angel, Ricky, have an agreement. I'm usually busy on Mother's Day. Around 10 years ago i was in Las Vegas at a pool tournament and he was frantically trying to call me to wish me 'happy mother's day'. He felt bad he didn't get ahold of me. So i told him - "Ricky, I'm ususally *busy* on Mother's day and I *know* you love me *every* day - so if you don't call me that's totally fine." And in the subsquent 10 years - that's held true - i am busy on Mother's Day for several years playing pool and now usually in the mtns riding my bike.

But my little angel still calls me (or tries to) on the said day.

Here's how i spent my day today.

my and my little angel in Jan 2007


I live in CO. so after a phone call from him - i load up the bike and head to Buffalo Creek for 20mile - 2k elevation gain ride. 98% singletrack - yippie!

yummy! Colorado Trail - i hit 7 miles of this before i rode the Buffalo Creek trails.



Buffalo Creek - more singletrack!



I ran into one of my best friends, Jeny and Ed took this shot.(i poached this from Ed's passion post) Thanks for making me look tall Jeny! (i'm standing on the upslope)




just ridin' along....

Comments

Popular Posts