in other news....
i bonked hard during the race in Winter Park yesterday.
During the race - I didn't have the ability to recover after a hard effort. Usually whenever I power over something(a hill/obstacle) I think "whew that hurt" and can maintain some semblance of power to continue. But yesterday - whenever I powered up something - I thought "oh...that cost me" and would be on the verge of blowing up.
I finished 5 out of 5 - I'm not bummed out tho...I did the best I could and know that i was fatigued from the FC50 on Wednesday. I still feel I'm riding well and know I can be competitive when I'm rested.
After the race I felt very uncomfortable. My legs weren't hurting or sore - but my whole body was grumpy. I don't know how else to explain it.
oh well...something else to figure out - how to recover more quickly in order to do 2 races in a week. :)
During the race - I didn't have the ability to recover after a hard effort. Usually whenever I power over something(a hill/obstacle) I think "whew that hurt" and can maintain some semblance of power to continue. But yesterday - whenever I powered up something - I thought "oh...that cost me" and would be on the verge of blowing up.
I finished 5 out of 5 - I'm not bummed out tho...I did the best I could and know that i was fatigued from the FC50 on Wednesday. I still feel I'm riding well and know I can be competitive when I'm rested.
After the race I felt very uncomfortable. My legs weren't hurting or sore - but my whole body was grumpy. I don't know how else to explain it.
oh well...something else to figure out - how to recover more quickly in order to do 2 races in a week. :)
Comments