the pecan pie effect...
I friend of mine asked me to bring him home a pecan pie. He's from Austin and had this to say about pecan pie. "pecan pie down there is impossible to beat or even match up here"
So since it was easy to swing by Mama's Daughter's Diner (you know - the down home kind of place where they call you "sweetie" and "honey") on the way to the airport - I picked up a pie.
I was wondering if i'd have a problem taking it on the plane. The guy at the ticket counter, the lady taking my bag and luggage screener asked me what I was carrying and when I'd say 'pecan pie' they would all get the same shy/sly smile on their face and say "Miss - you have to leave that pie here" then start laughing.
Everybody was after my pecan pie! Now I know what the pecan pie smile looks like!
Incidentally, I don't quite understand the 'pecan pie effect' as I don't like pecan pie.
So since it was easy to swing by Mama's Daughter's Diner (you know - the down home kind of place where they call you "sweetie" and "honey") on the way to the airport - I picked up a pie.

I was wondering if i'd have a problem taking it on the plane. The guy at the ticket counter, the lady taking my bag and luggage screener asked me what I was carrying and when I'd say 'pecan pie' they would all get the same shy/sly smile on their face and say "Miss - you have to leave that pie here" then start laughing.
Everybody was after my pecan pie! Now I know what the pecan pie smile looks like!
Incidentally, I don't quite understand the 'pecan pie effect' as I don't like pecan pie.
Comments