where do you want to go for lunch?
Does this ever happen to you? it's lunch time and you ask a friend or co-worker if they want to go to lunch.
me: "hey - wanna go to lunch?"
friend: "sure!"
me: "where do you want to go?"
friend: "I don't care"
me: "how about chipotle?"
friend: "nah - i had mexican yesterday?"
me: "how about Noodles?"
friend: "nah - i'm trying to watch my carbs"
me: "toyko joe's?"
friend: "no - those veggies give me gas"
me: "I thought you didn't care"
friend "i don't"
me (annoyed): "well..obviously you have something in mind. i'll keep guessing and let me know when I guess correctly"
I love to eat. And I know the things I like to eat. (ie. pancakes, chips/salsa/guac, luna bars, izzie drinks, boston baked beans, and a bunch of other stuff)
Usually when I am ready to eat I know exactly what i want and where I want to go.
So nowadays when I ask someone if they want to go to lunch it goes like this:
me: "i'm going to chipotle for lunch. wanna come?"
friend: "no - i had mexican yesterday"
me: "ok...catch you later then!"
I know that's a little bull-headed and some of the people closest to me feel my MO is "my way or the highway". I'd like to think i'm a bit flexible and am willing to accommodate people but i'm not going to get in a guessing game.
It's not world peace! it's friggin' lunch! speak up!
All I have to say is - life is short - if you are set on eating something specific you better speak up otherwise I know where I'm going! ;)
me: "hey - wanna go to lunch?"
friend: "sure!"
me: "where do you want to go?"
friend: "I don't care"
me: "how about chipotle?"
friend: "nah - i had mexican yesterday?"
me: "how about Noodles?"
friend: "nah - i'm trying to watch my carbs"
me: "toyko joe's?"
friend: "no - those veggies give me gas"
me: "I thought you didn't care"
friend "i don't"
me (annoyed): "well..obviously you have something in mind. i'll keep guessing and let me know when I guess correctly"
I love to eat. And I know the things I like to eat. (ie. pancakes, chips/salsa/guac, luna bars, izzie drinks, boston baked beans, and a bunch of other stuff)
Usually when I am ready to eat I know exactly what i want and where I want to go.
So nowadays when I ask someone if they want to go to lunch it goes like this:
me: "i'm going to chipotle for lunch. wanna come?"
friend: "no - i had mexican yesterday"
me: "ok...catch you later then!"
I know that's a little bull-headed and some of the people closest to me feel my MO is "my way or the highway". I'd like to think i'm a bit flexible and am willing to accommodate people but i'm not going to get in a guessing game.
It's not world peace! it's friggin' lunch! speak up!
All I have to say is - life is short - if you are set on eating something specific you better speak up otherwise I know where I'm going! ;)
Comments
;-)
Ed
heh