Jeny's "hat trick"
It's been so much fun watching Jeny race. I've always thought she was such an outstanding rider and now since she's actually battlling it out with others it's proof on what a talented and smart rider she is.
Here's my favorite pic of jeny - look at that technique! (pic poached of vastaction.com)

So far Jeny's has proven her mettle on all types of courses. If you recall - jeny smoked the Sport field in Angel Fire a few weeks ago. Last the weekend(6/4/2006) - Jeny raced at the Teva Mountain Games and won the Expert class. Her first Expert race - she won by a whopping 4(!) minutes.
This weekend was the Nathrop Chalk Creek Stampede. It's fairly flat and non-technical - so i've never raced it. don't get me wrong - this course is friggin' brutal - it's exposed in the sun and since there is marginal climbing it's a total cardio aneorbic sufferfest. To that I say "no thank you!" I planned to race 4x on Sunday and be "water hand up girl" on Saturday for Jeny.
Jeny's race started at 1pm - she showed me where she wanted her water/endurox/gel handed to her. I ran into several other of my friends and ended up carting a ton of water to my spot 3 miles down the trail. I had a blast watching the race progress - all i had to do was stand around and look pretty and hand out water to my friends while cheering them on.
Lap 1 - I watch the Pro guys speed by about 20 minutes after the start, the Semi-Pros not far behind. The Pro women (you go girls!) Then come the Expert guys come blasting by - i know so many of them i was cheering "go tommy, ward, jason, brian, derek, john, taro, mike, etc" you get the picture.
Poor me - have to watch a bunch of fit guys wearing spandex ride by. >:)
Then the Expert women - a girl in a green jersey with yellow tirm comes by first. I'm like ?? - where's Jeny. Then i see 2 girls coming through - a red jersey girl with jeny totally riding that poor girl's wheel. i could see what was coming.
Lap 2 - the pro guys, pro women, expert guys come through. AND who is the first expert girl? the green jersey? nope. the red jersey? nope. It's Jeny!!! I hand off an endrox and off she goes. i start timing - red jersey girl is 30 seconds behind. Poor red jersey girl - Jeny blew her up riding her wheel - i *knew* that was gonna happen.
Lap 3 - the course is taking it's toll on the racers - i can see people fading and really suffering. The packs of riders are blown apart The Pro and semi-pro guys are looking pretty good still but the rest are looking ragged. As the Expert guys pass - I wait for Jeny. I see her coming and she shucks off her camelback and I hand off her last water bottle with a gel attached to the lid. I cheer her on and then start timing to see how far back red jersey girl is - she's 2:30 minutes back - a significant amount of time in mtn bike racing. I'm thinking Jeny has this one wrapped up.
I wait for friends Linda and Melinda (also expert women) to hand of their last bottle of water and then i head to the finish line to wait for Jeny to come in.
Lap 4 (the finish) yep- jeny's the first one in. As we wait at the finish line - i watch the time and wait for the next girl to come in. 5:30 minutes back is the 2nd place finisher. Jeny does it again - 1st place Expert women.
Here's her poduim shot! woohoo! :)
Here's my favorite pic of jeny - look at that technique! (pic poached of vastaction.com)

So far Jeny's has proven her mettle on all types of courses. If you recall - jeny smoked the Sport field in Angel Fire a few weeks ago. Last the weekend(6/4/2006) - Jeny raced at the Teva Mountain Games and won the Expert class. Her first Expert race - she won by a whopping 4(!) minutes.
This weekend was the Nathrop Chalk Creek Stampede. It's fairly flat and non-technical - so i've never raced it. don't get me wrong - this course is friggin' brutal - it's exposed in the sun and since there is marginal climbing it's a total cardio aneorbic sufferfest. To that I say "no thank you!" I planned to race 4x on Sunday and be "water hand up girl" on Saturday for Jeny.
Jeny's race started at 1pm - she showed me where she wanted her water/endurox/gel handed to her. I ran into several other of my friends and ended up carting a ton of water to my spot 3 miles down the trail. I had a blast watching the race progress - all i had to do was stand around and look pretty and hand out water to my friends while cheering them on.
Lap 1 - I watch the Pro guys speed by about 20 minutes after the start, the Semi-Pros not far behind. The Pro women (you go girls!) Then come the Expert guys come blasting by - i know so many of them i was cheering "go tommy, ward, jason, brian, derek, john, taro, mike, etc" you get the picture.
Poor me - have to watch a bunch of fit guys wearing spandex ride by. >:)
Then the Expert women - a girl in a green jersey with yellow tirm comes by first. I'm like ?? - where's Jeny. Then i see 2 girls coming through - a red jersey girl with jeny totally riding that poor girl's wheel. i could see what was coming.
Lap 2 - the pro guys, pro women, expert guys come through. AND who is the first expert girl? the green jersey? nope. the red jersey? nope. It's Jeny!!! I hand off an endrox and off she goes. i start timing - red jersey girl is 30 seconds behind. Poor red jersey girl - Jeny blew her up riding her wheel - i *knew* that was gonna happen.
Lap 3 - the course is taking it's toll on the racers - i can see people fading and really suffering. The packs of riders are blown apart The Pro and semi-pro guys are looking pretty good still but the rest are looking ragged. As the Expert guys pass - I wait for Jeny. I see her coming and she shucks off her camelback and I hand off her last water bottle with a gel attached to the lid. I cheer her on and then start timing to see how far back red jersey girl is - she's 2:30 minutes back - a significant amount of time in mtn bike racing. I'm thinking Jeny has this one wrapped up.
I wait for friends Linda and Melinda (also expert women) to hand of their last bottle of water and then i head to the finish line to wait for Jeny to come in.
Lap 4 (the finish) yep- jeny's the first one in. As we wait at the finish line - i watch the time and wait for the next girl to come in. 5:30 minutes back is the 2nd place finisher. Jeny does it again - 1st place Expert women.
Here's her poduim shot! woohoo! :)
Comments